Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Funny / positive podcast recommendations

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Feeling a bit blue these last few days. One thing that always lifts my mood is a decent podcast.

Anyone recommend any funny / positive ones?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Frank Skinner’s weekly show always raises a smile. Richard Herring’s Leicester Square Theatre Podcast is funny if you like his type of humour with some good guests. Likewise, fake medium Clinton Baptiste. Football-wise, The Famous Sloping Pitch is enjoyable in an old gits moaning about the absurdity of modern football way. Plus BBC Sounds is a treasure trove for all sorts of comedy.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Frank Skinner’s weekly show always raises a smile. Richard Herring’s Leicester Square Theatre Podcast is funny if you like his type of humour with some good guests. Likewise, fake medium Clinton Baptiste. Football-wise, The Famous Sloping Pitch is enjoyable in an old gits moaning about the absurdity of modern football way. Plus BBC Sounds is a treasure trove for all sorts of comedy.
We have similar taste. I listen to all of those. Skinner never fails to lift me.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Saw Rev Richard Coles at The Dome last Friday and he mentioned his podcast, Rabbit Hole Detectives, which I've listened to a couple of times since - very good. "Richard Coles, Dr Cat Jarman and Charles Spencer chase the provenance of historical objects both real and metaphorical" - some gentle humour, very positive and a bit educational.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

I was thinking about this the other day - I haven't listened to Stuff You Should Know for AGES (pre Covid) as I've become a bit bogged down listening to too many football and politics podcasts.
Not comedy as such, but SYSK is very light hearted and I really warmed to Josh and Chuck (/Chuckers) and there's the bonus of the odd genuinely interesting fact in there too.

It's very American though.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I dip in and out of Top Flight Time Machine a lot. The 'regular' shows barely touch football and can be very funny, but I especially like the Melchester series which is up to episode 200+ and is working it's way through every Roy of the Rovers ever. They read the strip and fill in the blanks in the characterisation and stories, and over the series so far have expanded the comic world into one where Roy is a Tory misogynist and essentially runs Melchester Rovers like his personal business enterprise with a bit of criminality, and with Blackie as his adoring sidekick. Very sweary and has had me giggling out loud often.

Their deep dives into Roy Keane's and Kevin Keegan's autobiographies are a good listen too and similarly funny in a very immature way that appeals to me.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Not really funny (although some are), but Changes, by Annie MacManus is a really good, thought-provoking listen. As the name suggests, it's all about the changes people have gone through in their lives. If you want a Brighton connection, there's one with Fatboy. Others range from Chelsea Manning to Katie Price to Idris Elba.

Easy listening.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Romesh and Tom Davies - wolf and owl
Talking Sopranos - this pretty much got me through lockdown, if you can listen to an episode and then watch and episode it is amazing - it hits deeper than just the show and has some really funny bits.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I find Wolf and Owl virtually unlistenable.

2 family men who are very successful in their choose field, spend the first 20 minutes mithering on about how hard it is being them, while talking like 12 year olds.

Then spend the last 20 minutes dishing out advise on matters they are completely unqualified, before some bollox kindergarten fable.

In between is 20 minutes of comedy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here