Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Funniest Moment Ever at The Amex

Wonder if all those having a pop at Barnes watched KLL tonight? Worst game i have seen him play for a long time. He would start running, get to top speed and slow down all in the space of ten paces. My opinion of not starting with KLL is cemented after tonight.

Agree. Thought KLL was poor tonight. Rarely beat his man & was out of the game for long periods.
At least Barnes created chances, just the finishing! Barnes MoM for me.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Sorry, but I agreed with that call. Marginal with Barnes and Ince, but otherwise we were generally pants. However in the spirit of sharing, please suggest an alternative MotM instead of having the all too familiar pop at Barnes - and while your at it, please tell us who else looked to provide anything like a goal threat tonight other than Ince's long-range shooting? Thanks so much.....

Agreed barnes got on the end of every thing but missed apart from the goal he should ha e had a hatrick. I would ave given it ot augstien or ince who were both positives on the night.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
In hindsight its funny that one Newport fan got themselves thrown out after half an hour and missed the celebrations, I guess it was for leading the homophobic chanting as it was just after that started

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
***ACTUAL POST SPECIFIC TO THE TITLE***

I think the funniest thing would have been watching BigBelly and his 'comedy' stylings getting himself banned for 2 seasons.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Jonny Cantor said Barnes should have had a hatful but for woeful finishing. Not heard that before about Barnes.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Barnes is the best finisher at the club. He did however manager to miss a few chance towards the very end of the 90. However, until that point he was easily MOM. Showed superb touches and control and really looked a class above the Newport defence. His runs off the CBs to create angles (see our goal and the one he put wide 2nd half) are somethnig very few strikers can pull off so well. This is my opinion, however if people can't see how well Ashley played last night i would seriously consider what they were watching and if they just judge players on bloody goals to chances!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Pathetic thread, if that's the funniest thing the OP has seen at the Amex he never saw the faces of Palace fans on St Patricks day for a start.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
ince. Barnes finishing was woeful.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
I like Barnes, don't understand the grief he gets, and I thought he did well up front, holding the ball up, linking with Buckley etc. The team as a whole seems to better with him in it. He'll always get into positions to take a chance, and he usually gets a shot away quickly, where some will wait and wait for an ideal opening that never comes.

However I can't disagree about his finishing, his radar his off more often than not.

I do sometimes wonder if he's not sure what shape his feet are, the angle the ball comes off them.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Barnes is probably the second most clinical finisher at the club, after Ulloa. And he's also the most versatile player at the club. I honestly don't understand all the stick he gets. Although its usually from people who only have a very basic understanding of the game (get it forward or out to the wings, get in into the box, boot / head it in). A player like Barnes is never going to be appreciated by those people.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Barnes is probably the second most clinical finisher at the club, after Ulloa. And he's also the most versatile player at the club. I honestly don't understand all the stick he gets. Although its usually from people who only have a very basic understanding of the game (get it forward or out to the wings, get in into the box, boot / head it in). A player like Barnes is never going to be appreciated by those people.

He's started both games under Oscar, OSCARS PET.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Is so, so true. I'd argue Barnes is a better finisher than Ulloa even. Although Ulloa a better overall striker...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Jonny Cantor said Barnes should have had a hatful but for woeful finishing. Not heard that before about Barnes.

To be fair Buckley should have had more but for even more woeful finishing, had both teams had a goalscorer it could have easily finished 10-9

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Barnes, Ince and Agustien were on my shortlist, I would've given it to Agustien personally though.

I'd say El-Abd FLAIR volley was the funniest moment of the match. I thought it was Agustien for a few seconds.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Season 1 vs Bristol City, south end of WSU all singing.

"Who's the w**ker in the grey?
Who's the w**ker in the grey?"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here