Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Funniest infield incident when watching Albion

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Plymouth away - they scored an own-goal for us that was even better than Hinshelwood's 40 yard effort. Lobbed the keeper from bloody miles out - it might even have been from our half of the pitch. We went on to draw 3-3, but I think that might have been the first goal of the game?

I was there and had completely forgotten that. You were right, the guy was miles out. Reckon it was near the halfway line. It was a beauty, sailed straight in.

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
Brian Horton taking out his own retribution on Joe Jordan, big Joe had been battering everyone throughout match, think Brian thought he'd seen enough and smashed him in to the ground right in front of me on the east stand.
Brian looked over in our direction and winked, I'm not even sure he got booked for it.
It took about 2mins for the trainer to get him back on his feet, needless to say he got loads of abuse from those around me.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Great shout earlier about the Steve McMahon sending off as manager of Blackpool, at Withdean. There is NO doubt that man had anger management issues, I've never seen anyone go that colour before.

Hans Kraay bouncing up and down in front of the opposition goalie at corners used to make me laugh.

I also remember cracking up at Withdean over something Danny Webb did, it involved him near the touchline getting outpaced by the linesman or something.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Brian Horton taking out his own retribution on Joe Jordan, big Joe had been battering everyone throughout match, think Brian thought he'd seen enough and smashed him in to the ground right in front of me on the east stand.
Brian looked over in our direction and winked, I'm not even sure he got booked for it.
It took about 2mins for the trainer to get him back on his feet, needless to say he got loads of abuse from those around me.

Remember that -Horton was a true legend

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
I've posted this before:

Early 80's I think (fences were still in place) at the Goldstone.
Kevin Keagan and Alan Ball playing for Soton and warming up before the match.
About the half way line, local youngsters watching the warm up thru the fencing ... some started to wave bits of paper and autograph books.
Alan Ball was running the line while Kevin was practicing his juggling skills on the pitch.

Youngsters called over to Alan waving their pens "Alan, Alan come over here ..."
Adopts squeaky voice: "Yes kids what can I do for you?" (with a grin on his face) ...

"Can you take these to Kevin and get his autograph for us?" (In all innocence it seemed to me at the time)

Re-adopt squeaky voice from Alan "F*ck off!!!"

Astonished youngsters, and loud laughter from us older blokes.

... and at the same match (I think) Soton had a prematurely balding right sided forward (I cant remember his name and cant be arsed to look it up) - he won the ball and took off on a good run down the right wing toward the BHA goal at the home end - and to a man the home crowd "rose" and started singing "How's it feel to be so bald???"

Cue badly sliced shot from said forward =0)

getz

Jan 15, 2010
I remember Wendy Thom running the line in front of the West stand at the Goldstone. An off- duty copper shouted out to her" get your t*ts out "causing great merriement in the crowd.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
I've posted this before:

Early 80's I think (fences were still in place) at the Goldstone.
Kevin Keagan and Alan Ball playing for Soton and warming up before the match.
About the half way line, local youngsters watching the warm up thru the fencing ... some started to wave bits of paper and autograph books.
Alan Ball was running the line while Kevin was practicing his juggling skills on the pitch.

Youngsters called over to Alan waving their pens "Alan, Alan come over here ..."
Adopts squeaky voice: "Yes kids what can I do for you?" (with a grin on his face) ...

"Can you take these to Kevin and get his autograph for us?" (In all innocence it seemed to me at the time)

Re-adopt squeaky voice from Alan "F*ck off!!!"

Astonished youngsters, and loud laughter from us older blokes.

... and at the same match (I think) Soton had a prematurely balding right sided forward (I cant remember his name and cant be arsed to look it up) - he won the ball and took off on a good run down the right wing toward the BHA goal at the home end - and to a man the home crowd "rose" and started singing "How's it feel to be so bald???"

Cue badly sliced shot from said forward =0)

David Armstrong?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here