Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Funeral costs.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
I've been told the pre-payment plans are a take-on. You pay more out than the actual do costs. I pay a tenner a month into an over 50 plan, and the payout will more than cover a do and a fair amount of beer, and I would have to live to over 80 odd to go into a loss situation (which is unlikely hic!)

Do you get a free pen just for enquiring?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Average funeral is now approaching £4000

Where did you get that from. As Driver8 stated it should cost under half that. Driver8 is my brother and in the last 14 months we have had to organise funerals for both our parents and the combined costs were not £4000.

I've been told the pre-payment plans are a take-on. You pay more out than the actual do costs. I pay a tenner a month into an over 50 plan, and the payout will more than cover a do and a fair amount of beer, and I would have to live to over 80 odd to go into a loss situation (which is unlikely hic!)
These are over 50 cover plans which are suspect financial investments sold on the back of funeral costs. Pre payment Funeral plans are very different...

Camicus

My Father in law died recently and the funeral was £3400 humanist service cremation aand that was cheap as we have known the undertaker for 30+ years. On a side note had he not had a over50s plan we would have been buggered and it was a god send to know that everything was taken care of.

I once worked for a funeral (incidentally one of perks of the job was a free funeral) company. Pre paid plans are sold on the back of an 'average' funeral cost....as such all figures are 'averages'. There are regional differences and reasonably standard funeral can be considerably less than the average. Also depends whether the organiser shops around..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here