Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fund my life: I want to live like a moron...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Brilliant.

£255 raised so far.

Pretentious ****ing idiots. EVERYTHING that's wrong with the country right there.

At least the good people of the UK have seen sense.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If I hear that one of them has died because they refused treatment for a curable disease, I'm quite sure an involuntary smile well spread like a rash across my face. In fact, I think I'd laugh.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Last donation was 8th August :lolol:

If only someone could chuck in the final £99,745 to get them over the line. It's always that last little bit that's the hardest to get.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
More 'Off-Grid' fakes on the BBC website today....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-37561938

Sample quote from the article: "We get about 40 emails a day in the summer from people asking if they can volunteer and two or three every week from random people asking if they can live at Tinkers Bubble"

Not THAT off-grid then :tosser:

Read that earlier today :rolleyes: **** wits

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
"Off grid" my arse. How does Catweazle charge his drill ? witchcraft ?

_91526989_p8210561.jpg

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Sample quote from the article: "We get about 40 emails a day in the summer from people asking if they can volunteer and two or three every week from random people asking if they can live at Tinkers Bubble"

How does matey doing the thatching bit in the picture charge up the battery on the power tool he's using ?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Off-grid refers to not using municipal utilities; who's to say they're not powering their own small electricity network using solar / wind / hamster in a wheel type things. Or maybe , because they mention in that article about working and engaging with the local community, perhaps that is how they charge their drills, check their emails etc.

I've got a heck of a lot more time for the sorts the BBC are covering in that article than I do for the idiot family in the original post. Some people just don't like city living and I can, from time-to-time, completely understand their desire to get out of it. I couldn't do it personally. I'd go nuts not being able to play Football Manager.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

come now, you don't know that they aren't using internet over ham radio, that would work fine for email.

except i can see an iPhone in one picture. and lots of plastics, aluminum ladder and all manner of metal once produced in fossil fueled furnaces. its relatively easy to go off grid as long as the rest of society doesn't so you can scavenged all the products of industry.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Sample quote from the article: "We get about 40 emails a day in the summer from people asking if they can volunteer and two or three every week from random people asking if they can live at Tinkers Bubble" Not THAT off-grid then :tosser:
Yes, I did wonder a bit about that.........

"Off grid" my arse. How does Catweazle charge his drill ? witchcraft ?
..........and that!

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Just 24 hours left to get the last £99,745 to pack these nimrods off to Costa Rica.

Failing that, they might make the Costa Blanca. It's not off grid, but the broadband can be a little iffy...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Just 24 hours left to get the last £99,745 to pack these nimrods off to Costa Rica.

Failing that, they might make the Costa Blanca. It's not off grid, but the broadband can be a little iffy...

Nimrods! Haha! That's made my day. Thank you.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
The original couple - asking others for money to fund them - were very obviously stand-out twats and probably deserve what they get (£255 and a lot of abuse as it turns out). Those that are getting on with their lives as they wish, not asking for any support and probably doing less harm than most of us...well I can't quite see why people are so keen to point and judge. Living like that would not be my cup of tea and I think Shiatsu is bollocks. But that is true of many lifestyles. I don't get fashion, video games or sushi. Each to their own. Does it make you feel better about yourselves to be able to judge others or what?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here