Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Full national lockdown (not education) 4/11 - 1/12 possible

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Johnson announced a lockdown last time, whereas he is putting this to Parliament on Wednesday. I've already seen his ardent followers like Esther McVey saying they will vote against it, so it may be well be defeated, and Johnson will then have a perfect excuse to say it wasn't his fault.

No way he’ll lose with Labour voting in favour.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
the Sage advice was 2-3 weeks or until the R rate was a target 0.8. that was major criticism of the advice, it was open ended. Wales and Scotland both following similar advice extended duration after starting their equivalents. we are not at the predicted R rate or hospital admission either, so ahead of their projections (local lockdown was having effect)

Sage/Modellers should publish the workings and how they got to the figures of 4000, it would shut up the people questioning it if its solid.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Johnson announced a lockdown last time, whereas he is putting this to Parliament on Wednesday. I've already seen his ardent followers like Esther McVey saying they will vote against it, so it may be well be defeated, and Johnson will then have a perfect excuse to say it wasn't his fault.

You genuinely believe he’ll lose this vote then?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

More chance of me converting to supporting Palace than there is of the government losing this vote.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

its a pretty sad state of affairs where MPs say they'll vote against it before there's any debate.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Are we still NOT testing everyone on arrival into UK airports?

If that's the case, what's the point of a 'lockdown'?

One day they will get it

A negative test 48 hours for all travellers entering UK ports and airports would a good start.

Unfortunately, its just a small part of the overall problem, UK track and trace has failed us all and I'm not sure this government has the people to sort it out

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Drakeford just confirmed we in Wales are coming out of lockdown three days after England goes into it.

Will be fun and games at the border.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
A negative test 48 hours for all travellers entering UK ports and airports would a good start.

Unfortunately, its just a small part of the overall problem, UK track and trace has failed us all and I'm not sure this government has the people to sort it out
This is what most countries are doing, and if you're positive you're sent to a quarantine centre. Even so called third world countries are doing this.

So all the time the UK is placing restrictions on the general populous, there are likely hundreds of imported cases coming in (daily). I thought they were being 'guided by the science'?

It's over complicating things talking about R rates and fawning over graphs, all the time you've taken the plug out of the bath, but not turned off the tap. Shambles.

Last edited:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I see the usual suspects are wetting themselves with excitement about invoking Article 61 of the Magna Carta which entitles them to lawful rebellion because they are being governed unfairly by lockdown, masks etc. It was in the Magna Carta of 1215 but revoked in 1216. :ffsparr:

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
I see the usual suspects are wetting themselves with excitement about invoking Article 61 of the Magna Carta which entitles them to lawful rebellion because they are being governed unfairly by lockdown, masks etc. It was in the Magna Carta of 1215 but revoked in 1216. :ffsparr:

and was for barons. its most odd how the freeman/lawful rebellion skip over that bit.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
interesting play from Stamer, being in agreement of lockdown, he's going after Sunak. we know Johnson is crap at the job but Sunak looks competent, so stick it on him. clever.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

It's hilarious because there were only 37 articles in the Magna Carta. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here