Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Full Moon Pub

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
In the late 60's and early 70's the Full Moon was a rough-cider house nicknamed "The Brain".
It was frequented by Irish navvies looking to get pissed on a limited budget.
The toilets were a disgrace and I'm surprised it wasn't shut down on health grounds.
Believe me, you wouldn't have fancied the barmaids then.:lolol:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Dave the Gaffer said:
full moon at plumpton?

or is that the half moon

The Half Moon. Nice pub too. :drink:

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
My mum worked there in the late 70's/early 80's as a cook. Every morning when she went into work, the then owner's Doberman dog had pissed and shit all over the floor. It should have been shut down on H&S grounds. The smell was vile.

I'm sure it is very different today though, or at least I hope so!

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
D'Angelo Saxon said:
My mate is a manager there. I know the barmaids. :cool:

Do you know the one with blonde hair who works on a Thursday?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
BUTTERBALL said:
I really like the Full Moon since they refurbed it. My mum used to work as a cook there about 25 years ago, I used to sometimes go to work with her as a kid so it was kind of my first pub experience.

Nowdays it has an excellent selection of quality beers, a really nice ambience and the bar maid on the occasion of the last visit a couple of months ago on a Sunday night was, if memory serves, very pleasant.

Recommended.
Does it do Harveys?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Bluejuice said:
Why don't you just ask her her name?

Was thinking about it, but thought I would try and get a bit of a head start by seeing if anyone on here knew her.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Speaking from personal experience I tend to find girls prefer it if you are honest and simply start talking to them as a stranger rather than somebody you've done your background research on over the internet.

Also girls are rarely impressed by heavy internet use.

Just a tip for you!

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Bluejuice said:
Speaking from personal experience I tend to find girls prefer it if you are honest and simply start talking to them as a stranger rather than somebody you've done your background research on over the internet.

Also girls are rarely impressed by heavy internet use.

Just a tip for you!

It not like I'm gonna go up to her and say hi 'Becky', I've been talking about you on North Stand Chat, an internet message board, all day long. Would you like to go for a snog?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Les Biehn said:
It not like I'm gonna go up to her and say hi 'Becky', I've been talking about you on North Stand Chat, an internet message board, all day long. Would you like to go for a snog?

I'll give you five pounds if you do

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I don't know about the one you speak of but there is one in there that has curly brown hair who is FIT as f***.

Nice boozer, if a bit cramped.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I don't know about the one you speak of but there is one in there that has curly brown hair who is FIT as f***.

Nice boozer, if a bit cramped.

I know the one you mean and she is nice but it is the blond one I am thinking of.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here