Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fulham vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Sadly, there is an increasing element of entitlement, over expectation and plasticity on here.
Indeed, but do you mean from us mere fans, management or the owner?
Speaking for myself, I have no expectations....just hopes.
Anyway, we were dog-shite today and haven't looked great for a while, now, despite our injuries.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Roberto didn’t get booked because he doesn’t give a shit anymore, I fully expect a glass ceiling type comment sooner rather than later. I could have picked a stronger side today and still gave players a bit of a rest.
A lot has changed in a week as he gave enough of a toss to get booked against Everton.

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
What can you say, there are certain teams and managers that seem to have us sussed and Fulham is one of them. Going to be really tough to make Europe again. Frustrating that we haven’t managed to build on last seasons success.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Would really like to know what Prem managers think of De Zerbi. The key to beating us is SO obvious. 70% possession and losing 3-0 is pretty hilarious to be honest.
We have been worked out.
We could play a long ball over the top when we had pace out wide now we can't.
We're back to Potterball. 70% possession 89% passing accuracy no shots on target.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Every team has a few crap performances (apart from Citeh, maybe). It happens. Especially when you're ravaged by injuries, an important suspension, and resting players for a Europa League match. It's disappointing, but that's life....
We have had more than a few recently!

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Qualifying for Europe last year is down to the brilliance of De Zerbi, these last 2 losses are down to him.

I would be happy for Fati to not play for us every again. We need a spark and he honestly looks like he couldn't give a shit. Ran down the tunnel for a shower and massage. It's not beyond the realms that he helps us in the two legs against Roma because he has class but I don't enjoy his demeanour and lack of contribution.
Since Pervis announced 'I'm back' he has been really poor on the ball and defensively. Suppose it'll put off suitors.
I like Van Hecke but he is not a centre midfielder. Is RDZ trying to copy Pep by turning him into Stones?
Adingra looks limited today but suppose it's hard against a low block.
Fergie's role is nothing more that Welbeck's personal fitness trainer right now giving him a break.
Webster looked woeful and he has to go at the end of the season.
Mitoma and JP are our most dangerous and direct players and we are missing them massively but our tappy tap tap in the final third is really poor and each player is just passing the buck.
RDZ - stop rotating the keepers. NO-ONE else is doing it in world football. Are you stubborn or stupid? Which is it?

I love the Albion and have followed them for 35 years. In the same way, we let clubs back in when we're leading, we struggle against the shittest teams in whatever league we're in, I fully expect for a positive performance and dare I say result on Thursday. Maybe I'm trying to be glass half full but it's the Albion way.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I think we can safely say, from RDZ to the subs that came on ................. What a shite day at the office!!! Special recognition to Fati who turned in another shite performance and couldn't be bothered to acknowledge the travelling masses who had to watch the pint size prima donna!

Beat Rome 0-2 ........... you read it here!
He looked good before his injury but on last games need to go back to Barcelona as we don't need that attitude.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I’d cash in in summer personally, too much of a risk not to
But what's that cash in figure now? If he's seriously being monitored that figure could be pretty low or they might not come in at all based on current form.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
It’s in danger of turning into a run of below average performances, albeit with a heavily patched up team.

I don’t know what RDZ could have done differently, and from what Johnny and Warren were saying, they thought what they’d seen from Baleba was positive (aside from what they thought was a harsh early yellow)

I’m just hoping we pick ourselves up for Roma.

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
Fati hasn’t performed consistently well at all, only looked good in small pockets. Injuries and him only being on loan haven’t helped at all either. I think we’ve persisted enough with him, time to give someone else a try.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
It’s in danger of turning into a run of below average performances, albeit with a heavily patched up team.

I don’t know what RDZ could have done differently, and from what Johnny and Warren were saying, they thought what they’d seen from Baleba was positive (aside from what they thought was a harsh early yellow)

I’m just hoping we pick ourselves up for Roma.
It's not a patched up team anymore. There's 4 players Injured

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
dangerous game De Zerbi is playing. All eggs clearly in the European basket. If we lose go out against Roma will we then be talking about it RDZ is the right man for us anyway?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
72% possession... :shrug:
It just highlight a fact we all pretty much know.

We have no real idea or plan to beat teams who play a low block, and that is a major achilles heel of De Zerbi ball.

Loads at the bottom of league will play it, counter attackers like Fulham, Wolves, Palace will play it, and while we do win some, we far too often struggle massively against such teams. Go a goal down and against the low block even more so.

I always fancy our chances more against a Spurs, Chelsea, Man U etc that will play than a Fulham or Everton who bus park

We need a solution or its just going to be more of the same hoping for a different outcome.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here