[Albion] Fulham vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Fulham vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Potter got it wrong with his selection tonight, tried to change it around but we got undone by some top shithousery in the end. Shame about the OG for Dunk, and in the end we looked worse than terrible

Potter has made it be known that he’d like another Welbeck profile player. Clearly, we can’t run Danny into the ground and he needs a break.

I blame the recruitment team for this but expect the issue to be sorted by Thursday.

I’ve said time and time again we’d need to change tactics without Welbeck. We really need that special player in, the sort of Nunez striker we’ve been after for years and years.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
in 30 years following Albion that extra time is the most MIS-MANAGED period of ET i have ever witnessed. WTF were we playing about. 2 mins had already gone when Fulham finally made their sub and took the freekick - why the fekk wasnt the ball kicked straight up pitch? serious tippy tappy football has its time and place but it certainly isnt 3rd minute of injury time when you are 2-1 down...wow...

It will surely feature in coaching videos as a prime example of how to squander a generous amount of stoppage time. Took 4 minutes to created a looped clearance that barely made halfway. Fulham couldn’t believe how we played into their hands.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I don’t always mind loosing if we’re outplayed but that was abysmal, especially by the recent standards set. So many sloppy passes, errors and giving the ball away. Credit to Fulham, they were dogged and determined and Mitrovic was excellent but boy did we make it easy for them and hard for ourselves. Disappointing to lose in that way.

Exactly how I saw it.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Do their fans think they've won the Champions league?
It certainly looks like it. I can't recall the last time supporters have been so ecstatic to beat us (beyond palace).

But my word, how quiet they were until they scored! Must be able to get a lovely nap in when they play chelsea, what a snorefest that must be!

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
I think tonight was the night when it’s shows you can’t sell over 100 mill worth of players and not reinvest more. Some really error strewn performances out there. Sanchez, dunk, Webster, mwepu all really bad. Can’t win them all though- first defeat out the way. What we don’t need now is a poor run.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Potter has made it be known that he’d like another Welbeck profile player. Clearly, we can’t run Danny into the ground and he needs a break.

I blame the recruitment team for this but expect the issue to be sorted by Thursday.

I’ve said time and time again we’d need to change tactics without Welbeck. We really need that special player in, the sort of Nunez striker we’ve been after for years and years.

Kelechi Iheanacho:dunky:

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
If we win then we will be top. I hope me make a better fist of it than last time this happened and we were terrible at palace!

We didn’t did we. That was absolutely bizarre from the moment the team was named to the comical own goal, farcical non-offside decision and then those shambolically brilliant last ten mins.

Oh well. Go again at the weekend.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
To me the turning point was the shocking opening goal. Fulham hadn’t bossed or torn us apart.

Invariably it decides results between evenly matched teams.

The joke second sealed it.

A reality check. All the praise for us on TS today with Barber, I wondered if it would come back to bite us on the bum.

...and that excellent TalkSport interview with Gross was also the kiss of imminent disaster ;((

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I think tonight was the night when it’s shows you can’t sell over 100 mill worth of players and not reinvest more. Some really error strewn performances out there. Sanchez, dunk, Webster, mwepu all really bad. Can’t win them all though- first defeat out the way. What we don’t need now is a poor run.

Agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea

I think that’s a bit harsh. It’s nothing to do with not reinvesting, Everyone played badly tonight but it was one night. Frustrating, sloppy and poor throughout but these are the same players who have finished last and started this season excellently. Everyone bad tonight but overall been excellent this season.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Totally agree- get Steele and Van Hecke in next game. We deserved nothing. That’s how I expected us to play from the start of the season. Totally out battled tonight. Players were shot from minute one.

Well I'm glad you got what you expected. Just a shame you had to wait 4 weeks and 5 fixtures for 'what you expected' :shrug:

Maybe if we go another 4 weeks and 5 fixtures before losing again, you can come back and tell us 'what you expected' again

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Really disappointing. Mitrovic was the difference, Dunk had a bad game against Fulham again. We could not cope with Fulham’s desire and I am fecked off that we screwed up again when we should have kicked on

All credit to Fulham, they deserved that win

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Permission poor for both goals too? Not tracking the first giving ball away for the 2nd

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

Do you really expect someone incoming by Thursday?. Would be nice but I don't see any additions

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports