Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fulham vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Right then, **** to the cup, play the u23's in it and put everything into winning 2 home games.

Similar end result to last season (hopefully) and a necessary kick up the arse.

Peter Ward

Dec 5, 2014
out back
They were hungrier, especially in the second half: they ran for every ball, faster, sharper, more organised and harder, than our players. They also had a lot of luck and Mitrovic.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Hughton has spent a lot of money on attacking players that are not fixtures in the starting XI and flit in and out of the team. Couple that with our appalling away form and we have the nub of the problem. For me he has to start Bissouma in every match and back him properly.

I think we win this match with Bernardo and Izquierdo on the left. We have the players in our squad to be comfortable in this division.

D

Deleted member 2719

Squad building summer 2019:

1. Midfield beefing up with pace, and someone to control games. More than one player required.
2. Full backs to cover for Montoya and Bernardo.
3. Another Murray/Mitrovic type CF. Muzza can’t go on forever.

I agree with that.

Will we and should we bring in a few now just in case, injuries and form could cost us, dear???

Last edited by a moderator:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We have been beating Fulham for the last few years having been played off the pitch by them in most of the games. Tonight in the second half everything went their way, the bounces fell to them and they played with real belief. The ref helped them out with the third goal and then we lost our heads. I am disappointed as we did so well in the first half but things like this happen. It was a really entertaining game of football but it just wasn’t our night. Their keeper made crucial saves and we were outplayed in the second half. I am not suicidal or pointing fingers at anybody, just one of those games :shrug:

Couldn't agree more.

I thought we came out positive, we weren't going to sit on our lead and we were going to carry on going for it even after Chambers gave them a lift with a great strike for their 1st. 2nd goal was a probably mostly the wind and conditions leading to a mistake goal, then we have the best save from Murray and other chances, then Mitrovic fouls Dunk for their 3rd. Probert was giving them an awful lot in that 2nd half, like the one where Locadia has the ball, their player runs into him and it's a foul to them :shrug:

I actually thought some of our play going forward second half looked pretty good. Not sure if it was the conditions or what, but I'm not in melt down like a lot of people on here. Jeez, get a grip.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We have been beating Fulham for the last few years having been played off the pitch by them in most of the games. Tonight in the second half everything went their way, the bounces fell to them and they played with real belief. The ref helped them out with the third goal and then we lost our heads. I am disappointed as we did so well in the first half but things like this happen. It was a really entertaining game of football but it just wasn’t our night. Their keeper made crucial saves and we were outplayed in the second half. I am not suicidal or pointing fingers at anybody, just one of those games :shrug:

Fair comment.

I’ll sleep well tonight, it won’t ruin my week. Just gutted this evening that we allowed relegation fodder to overturn a 2-0 deficit, conceding 4 goals, playing deep to allow classy Mitrovic to fill his boots. But I’m not ready to blame CH or particular players, as a fan I don’t have the knowledge to vehemently know the cause. Personal opinon even before tonight - we need several first team replacements this summer and better FB cover.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Afraid to say Locadia was poor again tonight from the stream I watched. He did have a good spell for 2 or 3 games but now seems to be going back to what most people thought of him earlier in the season. Sad to say Ryan also culpable for the 2nd - should have kept with Button to give Matty time to get back up to speed with the squad.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So much for a run at the cup... I suppose we've got to concentrate on the league now. :(

Sadly, anything less than 3 points on Saturday and we’ll be playing the reserves again. I was really hoping for a good couple of games and at least a point tonight to enable us to really go for it at WBA but survival will now overide that I fear. :down:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If we manage to lose both our next PL games then it's panic stations. For now it's a medium-level irritation.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Not worried now about the cup game at all. Play the U23's at West Brom. It's all about the league and we must beat Watford and Burnley in my view. Chelsea away will obviously go only 1 way but Leicester away could see us getting something if we learn from our mistakes tonight.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

No no no no. That’s rose tinted spectacles. We were woeful in defence, midfield and attack.

Even Ryan flying back from Dubai a couple of days ago and going straight into the team. Should he have perhaps been given time to get his feet back on the ground.

We look knackered and created very little. March’s best attacking move was when he was forced out of position and into the middle. We look so rigid and predictable, rarely mixing up play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’m tired. Tomorrow’s another day. 3-0 against Watford, you read it here. Night night.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Well done Fulham though, that was how to make a come back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here