Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fulham / Silva / Al Ahli / Potter

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Perfect job for GP after the clusteruck he had at Chelsea imo

The Sanchez, Roberts, Bruno (Booooo) situations would then be interesting too
Bruno has known Pochettino since his playing days in Spain. I doubt he goes anywhere.

And this recent Saudi poaching of anyone in England is getting a bit tedious now.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I firmly believe one of last season's overachievers, us, Brentford or Fulham are in for a rough time.
Losing Saliva and Mitro while gaining GPott takes the pressure off us and the Bees 😆

My other 'hot take' is Arsenal 7th.

Mine is both Chelsea and Spurs top 5.

Spurs subject to keeping The Diver.

Benefitting from a week’s rest/prep before most PL games.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Which is why we have to make the most of Euro this season.

Assuming those poxy clubs sort their shit out, we might see 8th as a good as a league position as it gets.

8th plus a long EL campaign would be a great Albion season.

We’re competing against clubs/states spending multi £100m’s in an attempt to have great cover every position.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
8th plus a long EL campaign would be a great Albion season.

We’re competing against clubs/states spending multi £100m’s in an attempt to have great cover every position.
This is absolutely true, but I honestly think the squad and coach we have will be disappointed with that.
So many good players and coaches across the division though, can see the table being tight from 3rd to 13th for most of the season.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This is absolutely true, but I honestly think the squad and coach we have will be disappointed with that.
So many good players and coaches across the division though, can see the table being tight from 3rd to 13th for most of the season.

Definitely. RDZ isn’t hanging around for mediocrity, Bloom too plans always for progression.

As a supporter I have more ‘modest’ aspirations. I’d take top half, QF’s of EL, a stack of PL and EL home wins and the double over Palarse :lolol: .

Anything in excess of that a bonus.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
I suppose I'd rather have Potter than many others, but reports from the US are that Silva seems very happy being with Fulham. Mitro is another issue though. Apparently he's pledged never to play for Fulham again as we want a lot more than the £25m offered for him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Perfect job for GP after the clusteruck he had at Chelsea imo
I suppose I'd rather have Potter than many others, but reports from the US are that Silva seems very happy being with Fulham. Mitro is another issue though. Apparently he's pledged never to play for Fulham again as we want a lot more than the £25m offered for him.
if ever a player failed the “no dickheads” test……

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Sadly I think Arsenal, Man City and United should be safe for top four. Newcastle will be interesting to see if they can keep their momentum going with the Champions League to contend with.

I also can't see Liverpool and Chelsea having poor seasons like thay just did, especially with no European football to think about. I think those two should make top 6 also.

I think the top 4 will be, in no particular order:

City
United
Arsenal
Liverpool

That will leave Brighton, Newcastle, Spurs, Chelsea and Villa for the other European spots.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sadly I think Arsenal, Man City and United should be safe for top four. Newcastle will be interesting to see if they can keep their momentum going with the Champions League to contend with.

I also can't see Liverpool and Chelsea having poor seasons like thay just did, especially with no European football to think about. I think those two should make top 6 also.

City
United
Arsenal
Liverpool

That will leave Brighton, Newcastle, Spurs, Chelsea and Villa for the other European spots.

Liverpool are in the EL. It’s Spurs who’ll have a week’s rest between PL fixtures.

Villa seem on yet another spend on ‘names’, they’ve really upped the ante for the cheating manager.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020

City
United
Arsenal
Liverpool

You're so last season with those predictions !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here