[Football] Fulham Pretend Injury Watch

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Loving them getting huffy with the ref now they’re losing and in the stands - karma within a week anyone?

Kind of want us to beat Stoke and get this lot in the quarters at the Amex again…

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Fulham were a very poor side who fluked a win, Bournemouth I thought actually troubled us at times.

I can’t work out if it’s through blinkered spectacles that I don’t remember us doing that amount of cheating/time wasting, I actually thought under RDZ we might become a bit more ‘European’ in style when it comes to that but hasn’t really happened.
Completely agree. Without question the worst performance from any side at the Amex this season. Utterly negative from start to finish. Bournemouth were a breath of fresh air compared to them. Completely different from the way they bossed us at the Cottage. Delighted that as I write they are whinging at the ref for Wolves playing going down.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I definitely think Brighton has turned a bit more Italian than before in terms of furbo. Bit more diving and bit more harrassing the ref. Not more than most teams though.

Not seen much time wasting specifically though. That said, can't think of a game where Brighton would have actually wanted to waste the time - haven't often been leading with just one goal late in the games under RDZ, so difficult to tell what it would look like.

In some scenarios the coach doesn't have much of a say when it comes to these things. If you're team has had a tough game but are one goal up with five-ten minutes to go, players are going to start wasting time regardless what the manager says or thinks. Quite natural behaviour. Doing it throughout the game is a different fiver.
5 mins at the end maybe, 5 mins from kick off not.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I definitely think Brighton has turned a bit more Italian than before in terms of furbo. Bit more diving and bit more harrassing the ref. Not more than most teams though.

Not seen much time wasting specifically though. That said, can't think of a game where Brighton would have actually wanted to waste the time - haven't often been leading with just one goal late in the games under RDZ, so difficult to tell what it would look like.

In some scenarios the coach doesn't have much of a say when it comes to these things. If you're team has had a tough game but are one goal up with five-ten minutes to go, players are going to start wasting time regardless what the manager says or thinks. Quite natural behaviour. Doing it throughout the game is a different fiver.
One thing I’ll say with time wasting and snide moves - and no offence - you really have to be there to witness it. It’s often well off camera and not available on tv so don’t think you saw how bad Fulham were and other games. Two good examples that wouldn’t have been caught on tv from last week I doubt:

The fella that ran half the pitch to sit down ‘injured’ by the ref.

The keeper deciding to wander over to the injured player 30 yards away so when it was done he had to walk 30 seconds back.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

There’s definitely been a gradual evolution.

First few EPL seasons we were naively squeaky clean. Then Connolly started diving, really badly, it was cringy. Other than a pen (Everton?), refs never fell for it.

The main thing I’ve noticed is Dunk and others now challenging the ref on repeat. It never gets anywhere, but the other 19 clubs do it on steroids.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
One thing I’ll say with time wasting and snide moves - and no offence - you really have to be there to witness it. It’s often well off camera and not available on tv so don’t think you saw how bad Fulham were and other games. Two good examples that wouldn’t have been caught on tv from last week I doubt:

The fella that ran half the pitch to sit down ‘injured’ by the ref.

The keeper deciding to wander over to the injured player 30 yards away so when it was done he had to walk 30 seconds back.
The sit down one was a smart move, as it was the first break of play after Pervis' handball.
The player made sure VAR had a good long look at that - and we clearly didn't get that time back.

Not seen that done before - guarantee we'll be seeing quite a lot of it in the future.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not expecting any injuries/knocks at least until they equalise....oh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports