Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Fulham loose !

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Ditch VAR not the right answer. 'Teams like Brighton' need VAR to protect them from big club bias, but even that purpose is failing as we saw at Old Trafford. Use VAR properly is the right answer. How anybody could think they had come to the correct decision in disallowing Wolves first goal is beyond me. :facepalm:

And other VAR sod the fans **** up two minutes ago - You haven't been watching many games if you think VAR use isn't biased for the top clubs

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Ditch VAR not the right answer. 'Teams like Brighton' need VAR to protect them from big club bias, but even that purpose is failing as we saw at Old Trafford. Use VAR properly is the right answer. How anybody could think they had come to the correct decision in disallowing Wolves first goal is beyond me. :facepalm:

Seems like you are disagreeing with yourself.
VAR is the answer?

And yet...

'How anybody could think they had come to the correct decision in disallowing Wolves first goal is beyond me.'

VAR will always be flawed as humans make mistakes and in some cases are biased. VAR adds another rung in the chain of command, slows decision making down to the extent that many goal celebrations are ruined now, and there are as many inconsistencies as there were before it was foolishly introduced.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Yup. VAR is well on the way to ruining football. Even those who support it can’t decide what it should and shouldn’t be used for or define ‘clear and obvious’ in any term of reference that makes sense or is any use for practical application. It’s just a complete mess .

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Providing Newcastle stay below us, I think 10 points from now would see us mathematically safe. Doubt we’d really need that many, although I did have us finishing on 42 points at the start of the season.

IF we do beat Everton, draw with Chelsea and Fulham lose to Arsenal, then a win at Sheffield United will mathematically keep us up, and like I said before, we could send them down at their place.

As for VAR, it’s been pretty shocking against us, we would’ve been a lot higher if it wasn’t for the diabolical decisions in our games. So I guess, even if your stats and GD difference are better than most teams in the bottom half, you could get relegated because of VAR. VAR has given Manchester United two wins against us this season, it appears the big club bias still exists.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
VAR has given Manchester United two wins against us this season, it appears the big club bias still exists.

Well that isn't quite rue is it. Neal Maupay did handle the ball when that cross came into the box just before the final whistle, and although the ref blew for full time, l think VAR got the decision right to give the penalty. Hard to take l know.

And although l agree that VAR should have overruled Mike Dean and awarded us a penalty at Old Trafford, we still had to score from it!

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Well that isn't quite rue is it. Neal Maupay did handle the ball when that cross came into the box just before the final whistle, and although the ref blew for full time, l think VAR got the decision right to give the penalty. Hard to take l know.

And although l agree that VAR should have overruled Mike Dean and awarded us a penalty at Old Trafford, we still had to score from it!

We probably would’ve done though, every VAR penalty given against us has gone in (most of them shouldn’t have been given).

Well, the Manchester United one is debatable because of the final whistle. To me, the game was finished, so, do we go back to the last game to change decisions? No. The game was finished, so that didn’t seem right to me, even if it was handball and I think there was debate about the corner and how much time had been played anyway, so it’s a bit annoying to use technology to give the penalty, but not for anything else.

But also, we probably shouldn’t have a penalty overturned earlier on. My point being that each decision could’ve gone either way, (and probably should’ve gone our way most of the time) but went the other way more often than not. If you add the amount of times we’ve hit the woodwork and think we’ve probably been the most unluckiest team this season and that has clearly cost us quite a few points.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Well, the Manchester United one is debatable because of the final whistle. To me, the game was finished, so, do we go back to the last game to change decisions? No. The game was finished

THIS! When VAR intervened, something in me died. I love the Albion and always will but football in its current form? Nah.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Not VAR, but why did the ref allow play to go on for however much injury time he did. If the other way around he’d have blown full time after Man Utd equalised. 96th minute wasn’t it?

I think it’s a subconscious bias, that and simply wanting to avoid trouble. It’s easier to give a decision against little old Albion then global power house Man Utd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here