Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Fulham? BHA? Newcastle? - Who is going down?

Relegation with WBA & Sheffield Utd

• Fulham

Votes: 41 21.8%
  • BHA

Votes: 53 28.2%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 92 48.9%
  • a n other

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We could be 6 points, 5+GD and a game in hand ahead of them by the end of the month as we face two of our easiest fixtures of the season (strictly judging by the form table).

We could, but we could just as easily get zero, one or two points, given our record against teams around us. I still have faith though

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
Tell you what, Albion now have two games in hand against Fulham, and a better goal difference than both Newcastle & Fulham. If the Albion players can’t find the incentive to win over the next two games then heaven help us ��

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Tell you what, Albion now have two games in hand against Fulham, and a better goal difference than both Newcastle & Fulham. If the Albion players can’t find the incentive to win over the next two games then heaven help us ��

I was thinking the same myself , i always have a butchers at our rivals forums and when we were 6 games unbeaten they were very nervy , now Fulham have the impetus or they did at least until tonight . A win tomorrow would be pure gold , Zequri to score .

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
It's madness we have 2 games in hand on Fulham and a superior goal difference but I have still voted for us to go down ! Being a pessimist ensures you are never disappointed :)

It's madness we have 2 games in hand on Fulham and a superior goal difference but I have still voted for us to go down ! Being a pessimist ensures you are never disappointed :)

i dont judge you for that!. Actually it looks like Fulham have 6 winnable games left at best and us 4 winnables games at best. Newcastle have 3 winnable games plus they have to play us and Fulham so it really looks like it could come down to Newc results against us and Fulham. If both of us beat Newc it could be them going down but if they beat us and/or Fulham it could come down to ...umm dont want to quantify that statement!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Tell you what, Albion now have two games in hand against Fulham, and a better goal difference than both Newcastle & Fulham. If the Albion players can’t find the incentive to win over the next two games then heaven help us.

I don’t think it’s incentive that makes players stick the ball in the back of the net when presented with a big chance, it’s mostly confidence and technique at Premier League level.

If anything, there is even more pressure on our goal scorers to finish these fantastic chances after being given the opportunity to create a gap by Man City (and hopefully Leeds later this week).

Once the likes of Maupay, Trossard & Welbeck have scored a few, a lot more will follow.

DavePage

imagine all three having the same points before the last game, with Fulham and Newcastle having the exact same points, goal difference etc
would they go for a draw?
Imagine the mattress protectors bought by then.

Forget imagination, we will be clear of trouble by then, but as for Fulham and Newcastle it could be an interesting day

DavePage

I don’t think it’s incentive that makes players stick the ball in the back of the net when presented with a big chance, it’s mostly confidence and technique at Premier League level.

If anything, there is even more pressure on our goal scorers to finish these fantastic chances after being given the opportunity to create a gap by Man City (and hopefully Leeds later this week).

Once the likes of Maupay, Trossard & Welbeck have scored a few, a lot more will follow.

Hopefully Maupay’s goal last week, albeit offside will have given him confidence as to his finishing ability

Dave Fishwick

Feb 28, 2021
London
voted Newcastle

before their earlier result I really fancied Burnley to go down, they are dire.

Got some hope that either Burnley or Saints can get dragged into it

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I voted newcastle but it is still very much up in the air. They have a worse run in than us but that doesn't take into account our ability to lose games against worse teams. Fulham seem to have more fight than us and Newcastle. But we are still playing good football and by Christ is has to start coming together at some point . . .

. . . doesn't it?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
With Burnley having won tonight, looks almost certain that it’s one from three going down, with WBA & Sheffield Utd - unless something incredulous happens.

So who do you think is going down?

Fixtures

13/3 Fulham v Man City
14/3 Southampton v BHA
19/3 Fulham v Leeds
20/3 BHA v Newcastle
3/4 Man Utd v BHA
3/4 Aston V v Fulham
3/4 Newcastle v Tottenham
10/4 Fulham v Wolves
10/4 Burnley v Newcastle
10/4 BHA v Everton
17/4 Chelsea v BHA
17/4 Arsenal v Fulham
17/4 Newcastle v W Ham
24/4 Sheffield Utd v BHA
24/4 Liverpool v Newcastle
1/5 Newcastle v Arsenal
1/5 Chelsea v Fulham
1/5 BHA v Leeds
8/5 Wolves v BHA
8/5 Leicester v Newcastle
8/5 Fulham v Burnley
11/5 BHA v W Ham
12/5 Newcastle v Man C
12/5 Southampton v Fulham
15/5 Man U v Fulham
15/5 Newcastle v Sheffield U
15/5 BHA v Man C
23/5 Arsenal v BHA
23/5 Fulham v Newcastle

Fulham v Newcastle- last game of the season - could be winner takes all

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
With Burnley having won tonight, looks almost certain that it’s one from three going down, with WBA & Sheffield Utd - unless something incredulous happens.

So who do you think is going down?

Fixtures

13/3 Fulham v Man City
14/3 Southampton v BHA
19/3 Fulham v Leeds
20/3 BHA v Newcastle
3/4 Man Utd v BHA
3/4 Aston V v Fulham
3/4 Newcastle v Tottenham
10/4 Fulham v Wolves
10/4 Burnley v Newcastle
10/4 BHA v Everton
17/4 Chelsea v BHA
17/4 Arsenal v Fulham
17/4 Newcastle v W Ham
24/4 Sheffield Utd v BHA
24/4 Liverpool v Newcastle
1/5 Newcastle v Arsenal
1/5 Chelsea v Fulham
1/5 BHA v Leeds
8/5 Wolves v BHA
8/5 Leicester v Newcastle
8/5 Fulham v Burnley
11/5 BHA v W Ham
12/5 Newcastle v Man C
12/5 Southampton v Fulham
15/5 Man U v Fulham
15/5 Newcastle v Sheffield U
15/5 BHA v Man C
23/5 Arsenal v BHA
23/5 Fulham v Newcastle

Fulham v Newcastle- last game of the season - could be winner takes all

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
As if it wasn't already the Newcastle game is huge for us, win and we're probably a handful of points from safety (depending of course how Fulham fair in their relatively easy fixtures)

Today was HUGE for us!!!!!!

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Must get a result against Newcastle, at least a point. Get a point and we're on 30. If 37/38 keeps you up then from the 9 remaining games surely we can do that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here