Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fulham away trains

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
we're planning on going into central london after the game, does anyone know If a return to clapham junction from Brighton plus travelcard will allow me to then just come back to Brighton from Victoria rather than going back to Clapham Junction first? - anyone done it before?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We did the Clapham J - Putney High St route last season, and it was pretty straightforward.

Lots of good pubs in PHS as well, providing you've already sorted out an overdraft before you get a round in.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
we're planning on going into central london after the game, does anyone know If a return to clapham junction from Brighton plus travelcard will allow me to then just come back to Brighton from Victoria rather than going back to Clapham Junction first? - anyone done it before?

I think you just buy a "Travelcard" which gets you from Brighton, into, and around, London, then back home after.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Travelcard will be fine for staying on in London.

You just have to be aware that if you get a return to Putney, the ticket won't be valid at a London terminus.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
We did the Clapham J - Putney High St route last season, and it was pretty straightforward.

Lots of good pubs in PHS as well, providing you've already sorted out an overdraft before you get a round in.

hehehehe

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I don't wish to be condescending but too late, afraid it will be. Can it really be that hard to work out how to get to Fulham especially when you claim to not normally have problems getting cheap tickets suggesting you know a bit about National Rail enquiries, Redspottedhanky or whatever. It's probably the closest game we get and exactly how much are you hoping to save? Seems cheapest outbound is £11 and cheapest return trip is £8 whereas travelcard is £18.30? Do the math. If you do get a saving it's likely to be no more than cost of a packet of crisps!

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Yup, Travelcards all round here. Bargain.

tumblr_n1j9loF1Es1t4x1pbo1_500.gif

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I don't wish to be condescending but too late, afraid it will be. Can it really be that hard to work out how to get to Fulham especially when you claim to not normally have problems getting cheap tickets suggesting you know a bit about National Rail enquiries, Redspottedhanky or whatever. It's probably the closest game we get and exactly how much are you hoping to save? Seems cheapest outbound is £11 and cheapest return trip is £8 whereas travelcard is £18.30? Do the math. If you do get a saving it's likely to be no more than cost of a packet of crisps!
My travel card cost 12.40 happy with that.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
£15 from Wivvy for me and my daughter but that would be limited to Thameslink! Probably stump up the extra to use the fantastic services of Southern!

Depends on how many times you travel on a train but it may be worth your while forking out the annual fee of £30 for a network rail card. My kids are grown up now but it used to only be £1 for kids. (This may have gone up). Up to 4 adults used to be able travel on it as well.

In my experience the card soon pays for itself.

My price was for Southern.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Out of interest, where exactly is 'Shutter Land'?

I live in Shoreham. It is a super off peak group saver. Travel anytime any where in London no restrictions. 3 or more travellers. I think up to 9 are permitted.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Hard to believe there are four pages already on how to get to Craven Cottage - it's by far the easiest away trip of the season, and for many fans in Sussex will be as easy/quick as getting to the Amex and not much more expensive.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hard to believe there are four pages already on how to get to Craven Cottage - it's by far the easiest away trip of the season, and for many fans in Sussex will be as easy/quick as getting to the Amex and not much more expensive.

:lolol: tell me about it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here