Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FTSE / stock market

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Have a check of the broker fees for taking the money out then re-investing it a few weeks after the election. I would imagine that will be far more costly than staying put.

Of course if you're heavily invested in a specific sector, maybe more investigation needed. I imagine banks and energy will take a bit of a hit if labour does better than expected.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
G
I know that no one knows for sure, but anyone else think the FTSE might take a knock after the election this week? Already seen it drop over last 2 weeks.

Reason I ask is I have a considerable amount tied up in a stocks & shares cash ISA and need it in about 8 weeks time and I'd rather not see any significant amount wiped from it.

Thoughts ?

Did you keep? fTSE 100 up 1.8% 250 up 3.65%.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
G

I did actually, as it was 24-48 hours to liquidate, so thought better of it. Good news :)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
G

Decided to hang in there, cost of exit/re entry (only funds, I don't have the time/expertise to deal with direct equities) made it uneconomic although was a real temptation to take out given performance over last couple of years.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Decided to hang in there, cost of exit/re entry (only funds, I don't have the time/expertise to deal with direct equities) made it uneconomic although was a real temptation to take out given performance over last couple of years.

Maybe time to start liquidating now then - unless the funds are managed by the firm I work for, who, I must say, are superb, outperforming benchmarks by the bucket load.... :thumbsup:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Maybe time to start liquidating now then - unless the funds are managed by the firm I work for, who, I must say, are superb, outperforming benchmarks by the bucket load.... :thumbsup:

[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3] Excellent recommendation, although possibly missing a few things.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here