Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Frutos

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
One thing that puzzles me is a lot of the ball given to Frutos is in the air. It is perfectly clear that he is useless in the air and more of a threat when played on the deck. I think he only got it once or twice to his feet.

He is not the first to be sent off for leading with the arm and won't be the last.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Because of the stupid rules it was a red card, however I just wish that the powers that be would just accept that in a contact game sometimes people will get injured.

This was the same thing as that Man City player against Reading the other week who also got a red, just a case of players trying to get as much leverage as possible and protecting themselves. Not an aggressive elbow where a player looks at his opponent, sizes him up and cracks him in the chops!

Mans game, lets just get on with it :rolleyes:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Frutos is absolute crap this season.

There's no way on current form he should be in the squad.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Frutos is absolute crap this season.

There's no way on current form he should be in the squad

what about carpenter..hammond..they have been crap as well but they keep getting picked !!!!!!!!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
BarrelofFun said:
One thing that puzzles me is a lot of the ball given to Frutos is in the air. It is perfectly clear that he is useless in the air and more of a threat when played on the deck. I think he only got it once or twice to his feet.
Its just a symptom of the current standard of our play. The ball is incessantly punted aimlessly down the flanks in the hope of turning their fullback and winning a throw-in, then carrying on from there. We don't have a functioning midfield capable of dropping off, finding some space and stringing some passes together, so thats what we have to resort to.

As for the red - he had to go. Little chance of winning the ball, and he led with his elbow. No complaints.

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
brightonfan_86 said:
What a load of bollocks, whoever the manager is I'll support this club through thick and thin. What kind of example is that?!

So fans Can vote with their feet over MM, but not over DW?

Last edited:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
There was never any doubt it was going to be a red. The correct decision, and a moment of stupidity from Frutos.

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
brightonfan_86 said:
What is the point of boycotting? Mcghee has gone it is time for him to face up to it, and put his arse on a seat and support this club, instead of acting like a **** with no heart.

Should the same be said for everyone who didnt go because MM was manager then?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
chez said:
Didnt go mate, still boycotting after the McGhee fiasco./B]

Then dont come back crying when the Albion slip down the league's & go out of buisness, as some are predicting because of lack of crowds & investment.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
chez said:
Dont f***ing ever try and tell me how to support my football team again.
Put the mouse down, and step away from the keyboard.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Easy 10 said:

And relax..... Having to take that from KTA is ridiculous. Ive been through heaven and hell with this club having worked at The Albion during the Archer/Belotti days and watching them at the FA Cup Final and the 2 play-off finals. Surely Ive got a right to support the team or show my disapproval in anyway I choose (bar barracking the staff during games which is something I would never condone), being told how to support my team by a boy who'd probably walk straight past Archer or Belotti in the street without even knowing it is a tad annoying to say the least.

Sep 18, 2003
Frutos is not a header of the ball (or indeed the greatest exponent of the tackle). He is supposed to be our creative player (but far from it on current form). It was right in front of me, and you could see him getting riled by the game situation, and for a split second he forgot the reasons why he doesn't tackle or go for headers. Could just see it in his eyes as he ran for the inevitable red card.

Don't think it was elbow, more of an accidental forearm smash, but you knew it was going to be red.

Correct decision, but I don't think there was any malice in it.

Jumping for headers practice for the next 3 weeks. Bring on the next youngster..........:(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here