Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Front Three

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Potter is right, they were very good apart from the fact that none of them can hit a cows backside with a banjo which is a bit of a problem for a striker. All fur coat and no knickers all season. I think it's the way Potter tells 'em, he's a comedy genius.

Yes. Primary responsibility is scoring goals if you are a striker (only Maupay of those 3 is of course). Therefore Potter claiming that our front three had great games when they scored the massive total of zero goals is, in fact, laughable.

No matter what Swanny says these are the hard facts.

Seems Potter, Swanny and others on here live in denial of our shortcomings up front. Ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
You just don’t get it do you. It’s not the end of the world if we go down as we are building for a long term future not the here and now. You may not realise it yet but in time you will.
Potter is our future

No. You are incorrect. Going down would be a disaster AND would destroy our long term strategy too. You and others need to wake the **** up.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Paranoid, maybe not.... tedious, definitely!

You almost want us to go down, just so you can be right...

Absolutely not. The opposite in fact. I want us to stay up.

I find the ‘head in the sand’ moronic posts of the oh so insightful ‘we have no problem here’ posters on here tedious. Seems you are one of them.

Sorry if you find it boring, someone has to say it how it is.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Yes. Primary responsibility is scoring goals if you are a striker (only Maupay of those 3 is of course). Therefore Potter claiming that our front three had great games when they scored the massive total of zero goals is, in fact, laughable.

No matter what Swanny says these are the hard facts.

Seems Potter, Swanny and others on here live in denial of our shortcomings up front. Ridiculous.

If you see "denial of our shortcomings" as the same thing as "not completely obsessed with signing a new striker", then you are correct yes.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I missed nothing. Propper was brought on after 83 minutes for our best player in a tactical masterstroke to virtually guarantee a late winner. Fortunately, Dunk cleared it off the line.

So true. Potter had a substitution ‘mare. Wrong player on. Wrong player off. Far too late. Apart from that, our genius of a manager got it spot on.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Seriously, what do people think he is going to say? Our forwards are shit and I want new ones? Bloody hell, really? :ffsparr:

Maybe not big them up at all after a game in which they failed to deliver their primary objective!?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So true. Potter had a substitution ‘mare. Wrong player on. Wrong player off. Far too late. Apart from that, our genius of a manager got it spot on.

One more day and you can retire again until the next transfer window :lolol:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
There’s been far bigger teams than ourselves who have gone down and never recovered, there’s absolutely nothing to say that we would come straight back. Call me wild, but surely it’s better to build on a squad that already has a wealth of talent and is actually in the Premier League rather than being relegated, losing a mountain of funding and hitting reset on the squad?

This. With bells on. The short term is important too.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Yes thats true but we are building on the squad we have as we have youngsters that will only get better. Of course we don't want to go down but I don’t think that a different coach will be able to get more out of the squad than the current manager.

The football we are starting to play on a more regular basis is worlds apart from what was served up previously in the prem and will only get better as players develop.

Potter is not flawless by any means but his way of playing is the way that top teams play and its only a matter of time before we have developed the players that can play that style of football.

Yes, but who asked for Potter’s head?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
If you see "denial of our shortcomings" as the same thing as "not completely obsessed with signing a new striker", then you are correct yes.

Actually Swanny I would prefer us to solve the problem from WITHIN our ranks. However, the nearest we have to plug the gap is Welbs, and he is just too injured. Therefore, because I no longer believe we will recruit a target man (we should obviously have done this) I am praying [emoji120] for Welbs return to fitness and him staying fit.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Absolutely not. The opposite in fact. I want us to stay up.

I find the ‘head in the sand’ moronic posts of the oh so insightful ‘we have no problem here’ posters on here tedious. Seems you are one of them.

Sorry if you find it boring, someone has to say it how it is.

You are very presumptuous. No I don't think everything is perfect, but equally don't see the need to post sarccie digs about "next year in the Championship" - yawn

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Yes I totally agree. Connolly and Tau useful to bring on later in the game too.

I do think the goals are going to come for Trossard soon. With Maupay I think this is what you’re always going to get, 10 or so goals in the season but also lots of misses. Making life difficult for defenders and creating opportunities for the other players at the same time.

With Trossard though I think he’s got the ability to score a lot more goals but it’s all in his head now. As soon as he does score, I really believe things will change and he will regularly start finding the net.

Mac Allister also has the potential to be an assist machine behind them.

And this start shows exactly some of us insisted this front three had to start again.

Let’s see if I’m right about Trossard now!

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Dare I say it. Yes, we once again should have scored more. But... who cares!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here