Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] From the Adur Centre in Shoreham...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Thanks for the advice.

I went from the Adur Centre along the West of the river until I reached Ricardo, turned right to reach the Toll Bridge. The river path to the left had signs about it being closed at Cuckoo Corner, so I crossed the Toll Bridge and followed the grassy muddy trail directly beside the east riverbank until I reached the South Downs Way bridge.

On the west side of the bridge there were further signs about the Cuckoo Corner closure. Because I was time-limited - I had to be back at the Adur Centre by 8:30, it was going to be completely dark by the end of the run and I didn't know the local area and diversions, I turned back but followed the gravely cycle path back to Shoreham. With some time to spare I ran through the town centre, across the bridge and down Shoreham Beach before turning round and getting back to the Adur Centre around 8:25.

It's a nice flat route - unusual compared to my usual off-road runs which take in the like of the nearby Cissbury and Chanctonbury Rings. My trail shoes were overkill, the riverside grass/mud trail had little in the way of wet stuff and puddles and road shoes would have done the job just fine.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Thanks for the advice.

I went from the Adur Centre along the West of the river until I reached Ricardo, turned right to reach the Toll Bridge. The river path to the left had signs about it being closed at Cuckoo Corner, so I crossed the Toll Bridge and followed the grassy muddy trail directly beside the east riverbank until I reached the South Downs Way bridge.

On the west side of the bridge there were further signs about the Cuckoo Corner closure. Because I was time-limited - I had to be back at the Adur Centre by 8:30, it was going to be completely dark by the end of the run and I didn't know the local area and diversions, I turned back but followed the gravely cycle path back to Shoreham. With some time to spare I ran through the town centre, across the bridge and down Shoreham Beach before turning round and getting back to the Adur Centre around 8:25.

It's a nice flat route - unusual compared to my usual off-road runs which take in the like of the nearby Cissbury and Chanctonbury Rings. My trail shoes were overkill, the riverside grass/mud trail had little in the way of wet stuff and puddles and road shoes would have done the job just fine.

Phew thank goodness …I can now have a drink and call off the search party

Next time you can carry on alongside the river and then head off east at the start of the Steyning bypass …up the hill to join the South Downs Way……then jog along Mill Hill and back down to The Toll Bridge

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here