Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] From really good to becoming champions?

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
RDZ said a couple of weeks ago that,after losing Caicedo (and maybe Alimac) we had to take care NOT TO LOSE THE BALL CARELESSLY when attacking. We did that for their 3rd goal iirc. Until Baleba morphs into Caicedo mark 2, we need to keep one more defensive player back.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Some people taking the p*55 in this thread, but I don't think we're that far off tbh. In terms of the league, only West Ham have beaten us and that was a match we really should have won - we were dominant in terms of possession and shots. If it wasn't for the demands of the Europa League, I'd say we would have a decent shout of making the top four, although overcoming Man City to actually win the league is obviously a different matter.

To be fair to the OP, this fella on Opta Sports also thinks we are genuine title contenders:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Soft? the second one was one of the most blatant penalties l have ever seen, Joao Pedro was literally kicked to the ground.

Although last season was the most uccessful in the history of the club, we are still a thousand miles away from being crowned Champions, at least for as long as Manchester City are around, or the Premier League has been reformed.
Indeed. He was booted hard in the leg and went down in agony. I totally get that footballers are cheating scumbags but every now and then they are genuinely fouled.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Our ability to score goals has propelled us to genuine top 5 / champions league contenders. That is crazy progress in itself. To go further still we would need a bit of luck with injuries and then need a couple of players to step up a level. RDZ seems to get the best out of players, so for me that is the key, can Ensu Fati, for example, play 30-40 games and score maybe 10 goals? That’s what we’ll need to win a cup or go that little bit higher in the league. In regards to tactics and the way we play, we play DeZerbi ball, there is no plan B.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here