From Bollywood to Blackburn

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
Being a keen rugby fan, and knowing Woodward's talents, I would imagine he could play a number of major roles in a football club.

This is probably true, however the part that was the joke was that Lowe expected him to become the first team manager... quickly. That was never going to happen, however he proved very useful in the background!

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Calm down, it's all ok as Judan Ali has actually got a pretty good football pedigree ( well as far as this mob are concerned) as he was involved in the making of a Bollywood football movie & managed a Sunday league team in London so it's not as bad as we are all thinking now is it?

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Judan Ali - has been involved in a Bollywood football movie and was assistant manager of a London Sunday league side three years ago so I think those Blackburn supporters who were getting irate can all calm down now that they realise that they've actually got someone with a good pedigree.

Oops double post cos I couldn't see the first one. I swear it wasn't there when I checked but appeared when I tried doing it all again.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Steady on, chaps: it seems as though Phil Brown has applied for the job. Suddenly the bloke from Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal looks quite appealing.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Judan Ali - has been involved in a Bollywood football movie and was assistant manager of a London Sunday league side three years ago so I think those Blackburn supporters who were getting irate can all calm down now that they realise that they've actually got someone with a good pedigree.

Oops double post cos I couldn't see the first one.

Better than Steve Kean though.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Kenny Dalglish isn't in management at the moment. I sense a payday on the horizon...

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Kenny Dalglish isn't in management at the moment. I sense a payday on the horizon...

Dalglish and Souness as joint managers with Shearer as striker coach. You read it here first

(and last)

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
This is funnier than when Sir Clive Woodward came to saints... f***ing 'ell!! At least Clive had some good influences on the fitness side of things implementing top draw sports science techniques that he gathered through his experience at the top of Rugby. This guy... I can't see him bringing anything to the table!

only a chicken curry !

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
c&w.JPG

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Can't wait for Fanzone when we play Blackburn at the Amex
VINDALOO VINDALOO "were score one more than you " I hope they just Play that song all the way through Fanzone and no others

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

Blackburn Rovers are a club at war - with calls for global advisor Shebby Singh to go as their managerial search turns to farce.

Rovers managing director Derek Shaw flew to Venkys HQ in India for a personal summit with owner Mrs Anuradha Desai to ask for Singh to be fired.

Former TV pundit Singh has sacked Henning Berg just ten games after hiring him and is now looking for a successor with a faltering bid to land Kevin MacDonald.

Shaw - the former Preston chairman - feels Singh is making wrong and expensive decisions and asked to see Mrs Desai to voice his concerns.

It is a last-ditch attempt by Shaw to get some power at the club, backed by warnings that they face major financial peril if Singh carries on in charge.

Singh fell out badly with former boss Steve Kean who has just cost Rovers around £1.2 million by winning a legal fight for a settlement on his contract.

Kean cited interference in transfer matters by Singh and Mrs Desai settled for giving him a pay-off rather than going to court.

Singh has also spent fortunes on agents fees for a handful of Portuguese players and sanctioned big-money salaries for record buy Jordan Rhodes and veteran captures Danny Murphy and Dickson Etuhu.

Blackburn are currently running at a loss of around £2 million a month, with Venkys down to pick up the tab for the free-spending regime.

Meanwhile, the chase for MacDonald has also been dogged by Singh’s intervention.

The Malaysian wants to bring unknown coach Judan Ali on to the staff along with the respected Scot.

MacDonald wants to bring in his own team and does not want to have Ali foisted on him.

It is an argument that may stop the appointment.

Rovers go to Barnsley tomorrw with a new-look management team, with long-serving David Dunn and Murphy involved in the set-up along with reserves team boss Gary Bowyer.

When Berg left he took three backroom men with him, so Rovers were farcically running around for a goalkeeping coach for the game today.

Meanwhile, new Nottingham Forest boss Alex McLeish could have joined sooner last summer but admits being exhausted by the "horrors" of his Aston Villa reign.

:mad::mad::mad:

:wozza:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports