Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Froch vs Groves at Wembley 31.05.14

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
I'm going, not worth sitting in the gods so mate got 4x £88 tickets, these are now going for over £250 :drink: :catfight:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I had a colleague on speed dial from 12 till 130, line was constantly engaged. Does this mean if I ring Froch or Groves they will be able to get me two together?

And then what do you know, I log into my hotmail account, the one I registered for tickets via Matchroom, and I've already got an email offering me tickets for sale at an inflated price.

Then again should I expect anything less from the Hearns?

He hasn't forgotten your behaviour at the Orient match in 1997

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Was up for going but only if we could get decent pitch side. Would rather watch on the box than waste time trying to watch it from the stands. Reckon a few people are going to left with plenty of tickets looking at the prices on the resell market.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Always better to buy online than over the phone, particularly today - there wasn't a limit on how many people could buy in one transaction via the blower. Fast Car says he is going to put the other 20,000 on sale soon, you'll have no problem if you go for them online.

Wanted a group booking of 20 which we couldn't do on line, so looks like we've all sh*t out.

On the subject of s******* oneself I thought Froch looked really on edge in the press and photo call yesterday, pushing Groves away on the Wembley pitch almost smacked of desperation.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Wanted a group booking of 20 which we couldn't do on line, so looks like we've all sh*t out.

On the subject of s******* oneself I thought Froch looked really on edge in the press and photo call yesterday, pushing Groves away on the Wembley pitch almost smacked of desperation.

Not for the fist time, Groves has really got under his skin. However unless Groves disappears from view pretty quick and focuses on his training, I think he is going to get beat. In the last week, he was at Twickenham for the rugby, on the XFM breakfast show on the radio, in London applying for a managers licence and now he is consulting with his solicitor, about the pushing incident. All great stuff for when he is retired, but right now, stamina training, needs to be a higher priority.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Oh and I was interested in tickets, right up to the point where they announced it was at Wembley. My first visit to the New Wembley will be for the Albion and no one else.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
£110 bagged to better be a good under card!

The £110 seats including booking fee would have been the one's I targeted if I was going. The closest raised seats to the ring, they should be good if they are what I was looking at on the seating plan.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Boxing build-up has to be the most TEDIOUS in ANY sport, right?

"I'm gonna knock him out. He's got a weak chin. I've got the benefit of youth. He's just an old man".

Fast forward to the 5th minute of the match where the same boxer is sitting on the edge of the ring talking to a reporter, blood streaming from his face and saying "You've gotta take your hat off to my opponent. He's a great competitor and he used all his experience against me".

Amazing the prices people will pay for a match which could last a matter of seconds.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Boxing build-up has to be the most TEDIOUS in ANY sport, right?

"I'm gonna knock him out. He's got a weak chin. I've got the benefit of youth. He's just an old man".

Fast forward to the 5th minute of the match where the same boxer is sitting on the edge of the ring talking to a reporter, blood streaming from his face and saying "You've gotta take your hat off to my opponent. He's a great competitor and he used all his experience against me".

Amazing the prices people will pay for a match which could last a matter of seconds.

Seriously No, nothing for me can match the build up to the Ryder Cup. Once it start it can get interesting, (bearing in mind I am no golf fan) but the build up and selection process out-bores any other sporting event on the planet.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Thinking about this more and more, can something not be done about all the touts buying tickets??

surely if you came up with a process to ensure the resell of tickets were at safe values, or made it very difficult for people to sell on tickets for events then youd be a rich man/woman!!

With the amount of tickets on ebay, viagogo, stubhub etc, it is clear that due to the demand, people have bought tickets just for the resell value?

In the terms of ticketmaster, See tickets and even wembley stadium, they all state the the unauthorised reselling of tickets is illegal? why does a venue or ticket provider, see which tickets are being resold and then cancel them with no refund? They could then re sell them on their on site at face value?

Its just mental that real fans loose out or have to pay crazy prices!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here