Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Friendly Reminder

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
As a follow up Stat, the OP is just expressing his views, it wouldnt matter if the OP had 10, 100, 1000 or 10000 posts; it is still the OPs view.

Come on, you know that's not true. The more posts you have, the more valid your view. That's how it works on here.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Well, after the play offs a few Brighton fans on twitter and NSC have been feeling down so I would just like to remind you all a few things.

1) Our main objective was to finish 6th. We finished 4th. :albion2: :albion2: :albion2:

Where do you get this from? I very much doubt it was Gus's objective to finish 6th. Bloom and Barber enabled him to assemble a squad of players with pedigree, to the extent that come the start of the play-off we were favourites of the 4 sides to go up.

When you sign players of the calibre of Kuscszak, Bruno, Bridge, Upson, Spanish, Ulloa, Orlandi and Dobbie you are not doing so with the objective of finishing 6th.

Our expectation as fans may have been 6th at the start of the season but privately I feel certain Bloom and Poyet were hoping/expecting much more. Signing Ulloa was a game-changer, and play-off final would have been par for the course based on our form January - April inclusive. I suspect regardless of how we do in the coming seasons we'll look back on 2012/13 as a missed opportunity with an excellent squad.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Where do you get this from? I very much doubt it was Gus's objective to finish 6th. Bloom and Barber enabled him to assemble a squad of players with pedigree, to the extent that come the start of the play-off we were favourites of the 4 sides to go up.

When you sign players of the calibre of Kuscszak, Bruno, Bridge, Upson, Spanish, Ulloa, Orlandi and Dobbie you are not doing so with the objective of finishing 6th.

Our expectation as fans may have been 6th at the start of the season but privately I feel certain Bloom and Poyet were hoping/expecting much more. Signing Ulloa was a game-changer, and play-off final would have been par for the course based on our form January - April inclusive. I suspect regardless of how we do in the coming seasons we'll look back on 2012/13 as a missed opportunity with an excellent squad.

Try reading articles from this time last year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here