Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Friendliest fans

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
Which teams have you encountered over the years - who seem to have the friendliest fans?

Newcastle fans always seem like a good bunch. Have always had good chats with their fans when they’ve visited, and I guess their long journeys on the road to games have made for a good camaraderie among the fans. The Newcastle fans that I know personally, are all good people too.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
The Grimsby fans I spoke to for our FA Cup game last year all seemed a nice lot. Worst by far i've experienced was Man United also in the FA Cup. So many incredibly arrogant fans, so many of them getting in Albion fans faces trying to start arguments/fights, and so many of them giving the usual homophobic crap.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
At Rotherham a few years back I decided to visit an interesting church in the town in my DULLARD way. It was a bank holiday and it was closed. I got into conversation with a couple of Rotherham fans who took me to the pub for an hour or so and insisted that they paid for the drinks. Splendid folks they were in that pub.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
The Grimsby fans I spoke to for our FA Cup game last year all seemed a nice lot. Worst by far i've experienced was Man United also in the FA Cup. So many incredibly arrogant fans, so many of them getting in Albion fans faces trying to start arguments/fights, and so many of them giving the usual homophobic crap.
They were very friendly. A lot more friendly than they were at their place in 2003 when even people in shops were telling us we were “going to get our f***ing heads kicked in today”.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I like Norwich fans. Good crack and friendly bunch.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This re Man U. Higher proportion of W⚓️s than most teams it seems. Newcastle lot are always great (one gave us a lift into the city from the airport last season when the metro wasn’t working, had loads of pre and post match random chats in bars and never seen any hassle there)

Stumpy Tim

Well I have to say I was shocked at how friendly Burnley fans were a couple of weeks ago. A mate and I went into numerous pubs near the ground and every home fan there were sound. It did shake my preconceptions if I'm honest.

Apart from Burnley, I would also say Barnsley and Preston from our Championship days. They're alright those Northerners

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It will go against the grain but .... the Arsenal match in April was on my birthday and we were away in Costa Rica. We spent the first five days in the forests seeing wildlife with 17 other Brits. Quite a number were Arsenal fans. By the time we got to the beach part of the holiday we'd become quite good friends. The hotel had a sports bar but didn't get PL matches. So on my birthday, the Arsenal fans arranged for them to all bring their iPads with Sky Pass ( or whatever it's called ) to the bar at 10.30am to watch the match with me for my birthday - not a single one of them celebrated any of their goals because it was my birthday. They even kept bringing me beer to my table. Cracking bunch and EXACTLY how footballer supporters should behave and be. We then had a great evening discussing footie at the swim up bar.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Back in the day trying to find the way out of Liverpool and the road south, Liverpool fan knocked on car window and said follow him. Sure enough got to the right road in no time.

Also shout out for group of Derby fans I met two years running in Dick's bar, very friendly, both times wished us well and hoped we would go up. The other side of some Derby fans, I can never forgive booing Solly as he was carried of with an ACL injury, total scum for that. Guess it goes to show it's down to individuals really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here