Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fridge Freezer help

paul-brighton

Jun 12, 2011
Sompting
Ice build up touching fan blades, as someone said it stops when door opened as that action switches fan off. Could easily take 2 days to defrost fully (mine took 5 hours after having taken all the plastic fittings from the inside so I could actually see the ice and playing a hair dryer over the ice. Most important thing - in the fridge side - make sure the drain pipe which leads down to the top of the motor/condenser unit (the heat from the motor is supposed to evaporate any water) is not blocked. This getting blocked is what started the ice build up on mine.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Long shot but NSC provides a whole host of expertise so who knows?

2 year old Beko American style unit that all of a sudden is making a terrible grinding type of noise. Stops when the freezer door is opened?

Wanted to see if anyone in the trade here before resorting to YP's or manufacturers service people and getting had over

Best case scenario, fan is blocked - easy fix.

Worst case scenario - compressor is ****ed in which case it's dead.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
May I hijack this thread? Good. Our built in Fridge Freezer (Neff) has given up the ghost but it was covered by insurance. The insurers are replacing it but only deliver not fit or take old one away. Anyone in the Seaford area know of someone who could do the replacement? Thanks for any help.

Pretend we are back in Gillingham and put it in your front garden

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here