Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Friday's Referee

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Don't know what all this slagging off of prem refs is about. We need to get used to them.

My MOJO is back!! Whoo hoo, we've got Marriner. Good appointment:albion2:
After 2 days in the dumps, it's now time to put a positive spin on everything

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
Still do not understand why Premier league refs have to ref these matches. If you are good enough to ref all other Championship matches then you should have the privelege of officiating these games

I don't understand it either - who is making the demands of Premier League refs being in charge. If it's the Premier League then it seems strange that we've copped them for Burnley, Boro and Derby games and they all seem to lean towards the opposition with their decisions. If it's the FL requesting them then it seems odd to admit that your refs aren't up to being in charge of certain games and a bit insulting to the FL refs.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Every ref gets things wrong every now and then - even Howard - you just want them to have the capacity to put them right later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
So would we prefer to stay in the Championship for ever and avoid all play off matches just because we don't like PL referees? Let's just accept that English referees are sometimes fine, usually inconsistent, sometimes plain crap and, instead, focus on how we're going to make sure we batter the opposition. I'm sure we're treated no worse by refs than anyone else.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I await the next instalment of Operation Shaft Brighton with bated breath.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
So would we prefer to stay in the Championship for ever and avoid all play off matches just because we don't like PL referees? Let's just accept that English referees are sometimes fine, usually inconsistent, sometimes plain crap and, instead, focus on how we're going to make sure we batter the opposition. I'm sure we're treated no worse by refs than anyone else.

Not what I was saying. Just find it odd that championship refs are considered not good enough to,ref a play off

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
I just find it a touch insulting to Championship refs who know the players and the division. It's effectively saying to them "Sorry lads; big game this with a lot of pressure and high stakes. Go back to school whilst we let the big boys handle it."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here