Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Friday's letters in the Argus, re: Falmer

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
What is The Argus trying to do? Perhaps you would like the public to throw eggs at the councillors, send them hate mail or spit at them in the street?

What a good idea from Fiona Monro, Rottingdean. :clap:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Trigger said:
What is The Argus trying to do? Perhaps you would like the public to throw eggs at the councillors, send them hate mail or spit at them in the street?

What a good idea from Fiona Monro, Rottingdean. :clap:

Drass generalisation that Brighton fans would partake in that behaviour. Shame on you Fiona Monro

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
"At the Goldstone Ground there was nowhere except the street for the fans to go and they could be corralled and moved to the railway station"

Rollin Rolln Rollin - Yeah move those animals on :(

Last edited:

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
What is Sandra Betton on about? Has she been drinking?

Why does she think anyone would want to go anywhere else other than the train station after a game. I certainly wont come out of a game and think 'I know, I'll just do a couple of laps of Falmer Village before I go home', afterall its only A f***ing MILE UP THE ROAD.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Here is a quote from elsewhere in Friday's Argus:

Mike Thomas, general secretary of the South Downs Society, which has 2,700 members throughout Sussex and Hampshire, said: "We have been involved in this process from the start and our position has always been that while we recognise the need for a stadium, building it in such a sensitive site is inappropriate.

"The second inspector may have found there was no viable alternative but that does not work out as an endorsement of Falmer, which the first inspector recommended for refusal."

This bloke clearly DOESN'T care one jot about the need for a new Stadium.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Icy Gull said:
"At the Goldstone Ground there was nowhere except the street for the fans to go and they could be corralled and moved to the railway station"

Rollin Rolln Rollin - Yeah move those animals on :(

That and the bloody great big park of course :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here