Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Friday signing day

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
It will be similar to the Chicksen deal, out of the blue the club will announce that a deal is done. None of us would have had any inside info in advance and the player will be a big step forward in terms of building a squad

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
It will be similar to the Chicksen deal, out of the blue the club will announce that a deal is done. None of us would have had any inside info in advance and the player will be a big step forward in terms of building a squad

You must have some inside info to make that statement!

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
starting 11 is fine and competitive but the squad lacks depth. We could have a bench with the likes of jfc, march etc and any injuries would be a concern which is why I hope we are able to act before the season starts, although it looks unlikely.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Surely we must be looking to get a couple in over next few days, seriously need to get a move on though.

Would be great to see couple of key Garcia signings to say 'we mean business'

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Supposed possible target Tunnicliffe has joined Ipswich on loan so we can knock that one off. I know people say be calm, but I am a little concerned about lack of signings or any even any rumours about movement. Beginning to feel we will be running with what we have at the start. Squad is weaker as it stands

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I would be happy for the squad we have now to start the season. Would I like an additional 2 players? Obviously. But I don't honestly see what everyone is so upset about. Relax, players will be signed. We don't need many players to come in, and Harley is leaving! Joyous days.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Need to be patient, look at Palace making a number of last day signings and then getting promoted. Better we make sure we get the right players in rather than make signings for signings sake. We haev a good team already.

I think NSC on a whole has been good this summer, very little hand wringing about transfers in general. If you look at some boards fans are going apoloectic.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
2 more min. Who are they? KA and a LB. The others can come in before window closes and after season starts, but we ARE weaker than last season at present.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
The KA possible transfer is a little strange. He apparently met OG in Spain according to the Argus meaning we must have agreed terms with Swansea for them to give permission and yet nothing has happened since. Is our considered approach down to ffp or if the budget is the same as per various emails is it behind since we have waited for og to identify and be happy with the targets?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Don't think many if any more additions will come in now. I honestly think OG has been told to utilise the development squad more this season. I reckon JFC will play regularly this season. With all the cut backs at the club I'd be surprised if we pay any transfer fees.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Don't think many if any more additions will come in now. I honestly think OG has been told to utilise the development squad more this season. I reckon JFC will play regularly this season. With all the cut backs at the club I'd be surprised if we pay any transfer fees.

Well that's cheered me up no end.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill

Barber has already come out and said the playing budget is about the same as last year hasn't he ?, if so then there's plenty in the pot for wages plus a few small(ish) fees I would think.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Barber has already come out and said the playing budget is about the same as last year hasn't he ?, if so then there's plenty in the pot for wages plus a few small(ish) fees I would think.

I guess the key word is "if" - not that I've any reason to doubt what Mr Barber says, of course.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent

We have got rid of about 8 players now....some on good money, budget similar to last year, so we now need to start to see who these 5 new very good players OG is bringing in..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here