Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Friday restaurant advice needed

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The closest thing to Chilli Pickle is Curry Leaf Cafe. I think those that set it up used to chef at Chilli Pickle. If not, they've done a pretty good imitation. You can even dress it up as the new and up-and-coming Chilli Pickle for those in-the-know.

I much preferred it to be honest.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You could always try Harvester and say that it is common to go to posh restaurants for a birthday and as she is special you wanted somewhere different, it may work, good luck.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
That may not be different if she has children or grandchildren and takes them shopping.

True. Maybe he could spalsh out on a Wimpy Bar? There is one in Horsham, not sure about the Brighton & Hove conurbation though.

Wimpy Bars . . . Now that really does take me back to my youth.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
True. Maybe he could spalsh out on a Wimpy Bar? There is one in Horsham, not sure about the Brighton & Hove conurbation though.

Wimpy Bars . . . Now that really does take me back to my youth.

The one in Horsham is ok and has probably picked up trade since they closed the McDonalds. i think it has made the one at Bucks Barn a lot busier.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The one in Horsham is ok and has probably picked up trade since they closed the McDonalds. i think it has made the one at Bucks Barn a lot busier.

In the last few years Horsham has lost it's branches of both McDonald's and Burger King, leaving it with just a KFC. just one fast food restaurant in one of the largest towns in Sussex, (two if you include the Wimpy).

I find that amazing.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I much prefered the curry leaf cafe to the chilli pickle. I would suggest there if thats what you are looking for. Had some sort of chilli cocktail there too which was lovely.

La Choza is pretty cool too although maybe not for a birthday with just two of you as you may be squeezed onto a table with others.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Looking forward to the update.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I too prefer the Curry Leaf Cafe. Went there last night before the John Grant gig. Joint was jumping, food was excellent. One of our number pointed out that not a single person had their phone out, forts be a good sign.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Curry Leaf Cafe got that Einstock White Ale too, which is a BANGER alongside a curry. Shout out to their beetroot ice cream.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
In the last few years Horsham has lost it's branches of both McDonald's and Burger King, leaving it with just a KFC. just one fast food restaurant in one of the largest towns in Sussex, (two if you include the Wimpy).

I find that amazing.

The guy that owned the Macdonalds franchise told the Council he would pull out if they keep increasing his rent. They did and then he did. It remains empty

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here