Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Friday - Referees Assistant is from Barnsley

CarlosTheOwl

May 7, 2016
Wasnt there a case recently where the ref of a premier game was changed as it became known that although from a different town he supported one of the 2 teams he was due to ref.

In our game against Cardiff last week if got leaked that the linesman was from Sheffield and had to be changed... in all fairness it's utterly bizarre how it nearly got that far. Barnsley is ok though, it's far enough away thankfully.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Wasnt there a case recently where the ref of a premier game was changed as it became known that although from a different town he supported one of the 2 teams he was due to ref.

He was a Leicester supporter and was due to ref a Spurs game and got replaced a few days before

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think people are paying far too much attention to where somebody lives. Some of these officials don't even support a particular club. He's as likely to support another club as he is Wednesday, he could be a Man United fan for all we know.

Mike Dean was, to the best of my knowledge, from nowhere near either Middlesbrough or Brighton, but it didn't stop him screwing up at the weekend. Was Craig Pawson from East Lancashire? Hoops from Bournemouth? Actually, scratch that last one....

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
BLOODY BARNSLEY!! Buggers let me down for my football acca the weekend before last. Colchester equalised in the 99th minute. :wozza:

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I think people are paying far too much attention to where somebody lives. Some of these officials don't even support a particular club. He's as likely to support another club as he is Wednesday, he could be a Man United fan for all we know.

Mike Dean was, to the best of my knowledge, from nowhere near either Middlesbrough or Brighton, but it didn't stop him screwing up at the weekend. Was Craig Pawson from East Lancashire? Hoops from Bournemouth? Actually, scratch that last one....

Come on Edna...We all love a conspiracy theory..Please don't dampen it!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think they have supporters coaches that go to Hillsborough from Barnsley, Rotherham etc

They don't need a supporters coach from Rotherham. There are service buses and the tram which cover it.

Rotherham supporters hate Wednesday with a passion.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
They don't need a supporters coach from Rotherham. There are service buses and the tram which cover it.

Rotherham supporters hate Wednesday with a passion.

But not everyone from Rotherham supports Rotherham!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Does anyone know if he is actually originally from Yorkshire or has in fact just moved there. I believe people are allowed to live in parts of the country that are miles from where they were born!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here