Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Bouncy bouncy.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Gutted I'm missing this, as this is literally round the corner from me. hope this is successful and another one is done soon

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'll be there. V much looking forward to it. Perhaps Mick Cleary can point me in the direction of some Rugby World Cup tickets. I got none in the ballot.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I think I have been a complete Pompey fan. I have an email from them with a bar code. Presumably I just print that out rather that waiting for the postman! Anyway, another :bounce:

You had me worried with talk of posting tickets.

My email has a barcode and telling me to bring that.

Pre-match Harveys in the Chimneys anyone?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Something of interest to NSCers, I hope - I've invited a few friends out for a Question Time-style chat about sporting matters in aid of the roof repair fund at community-owned Exeter Street Hall (5 minutes' walk from BHASVIC).

The panel is: Paul Hayward, friend of us all, Fergie's ghost-writer, multi-award-winning sports writer; Mick Cleary, Telegraph rugby correspondent; Paul Weaver, Guardian F1 and cricket man; Lynne Truss, who was reluctantly persuaded to become a sports columnist by The Times before becoming the nation's unofficial punctuation guru, and accidentally fell in love with golf; and Pete Nicholls, broadsheet writer on athletics, Olympics and drugs in sport. I'll be in the Dimbleby role.

http://www.exeterstreethall.org/sports-panel/

It won't be particularly Albion-centric (although all the above are Brighton residents and have all been to the Amex), but I know that there are many people on here who are much more broad-minded as regards sport than football obsessives like me. The plan is to have a first half of questions submitted in advance, a second half of questions from the floor. And they're all top people who won't mind a bit of brain-picking during the interval or afterwards.

There's also a raffle with prizes including Albion tickets, access to Top Gear recording and a cricket bat signed by the Sussex team. I've persuaded the organisers that Harvey's at the bar will go down well. And the Prestonville, Chimney House, Dyke Inn and Good Companions are all within an easy stroll.

Hope to see some of you there.

A very interesting and entertaining evening. Thank you and the panel very much.

I suspect it could have gone on for a very long time indeed but for the need to close the hall. Most of the big issues covered, though my favourite bit was actually Paul Hayward's Gordon Smith story. And can I just add that as a slightly lefty jumper wearer I have rarely felt more comfortable in an audience!

:thumbsup:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
It was indeed an interesting evening.

my favourite part was the amazing "I was there" moments.

Rugby world Cup
Airship over Wembley
Super Saturday
......and Josh Beckett for the Marlins

That question would make an excellent NSC thread

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Great evening. Thanks to all those involved in putting such a good panel together.

Some very decent topics covered. Was especially interested in a few insights from the inside on Qatar, doping in sport and Rugby World Cup.

Top evening.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Great evening. Thanks to all those involved in putting such a good panel together.

Some very decent topics covered. Was especially interested in a few insights from the inside on Qatar, doping in sport and Rugby World Cup.

Top evening.

Thanks to everyone who turned up. We could indeed have gone on a lot longer and there's already talk of doing something similar again. Also a big thanks to the top writers who gave up their Friday evenings in return for no more than a couple of pints of Harvey's. The only person asked who said no had some pathetic excuse about being in Kazakhstan at the World Weightlifting Championships.

The only person asked who said no had some pathetic excuse about being in Kazakhstan at the World Weightlifting Championships.
That's the same excuse that Dan Harding gave a few years back for not appearing in the Club's "Women's Institute-style" nudie calendar. Except it was an England U-21 international.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here