Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Friday night queue at Brighton Station before the game.

Aug 9, 2003
East Sussex
Sorry if someone has already asked about this, but I couldn't find anything on a search. Feel free to re-direct me to another thread if appropriate.

We arrived at Brighton Station about 7.10 on Friday night. The queue for the Falmer trains was all the way down the road outside the toilets and across the concourse as far as the main entrance.

We decided to jump in a taxi with some other fans. As we did so, I saw all the fans in the station being allowed onto the Falmer platforms. It looked as though the barrier and queueing system was being abadoned.

What happened? Did fans who were there manage to reach Falmer in time?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
It certainly didn't help matters when the Police/Railway Bods let that wee Lewes train leave when there was still a load of space on it. It was all a bit of a shambles tbh. :annoyed:

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I think I timed it just right on Friday. Got to Brighton station at about 6.15ish and waltzed through to join the queue on the platform. I was the last person through before they shut the gates - five minutes later and there was a huge line of people waiting to be let onto the platform

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
After the shambles at Brighton station last year for the Liverpool match - got to the station at 6.30, missed kickoff - I always look to get there now no later than 6.15.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Friend of ours queued for an hour, and arrived 15 minutes into the game.

I guess people need to re-evaluate their timing, with the extra numbers.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
We had one look at that queue at about quarter to 7 and walked down Trafalgar Street and jumped on the 25 at about quarter past (quick jaegerbomb in the Prince George). Made it just in time for KO. Not great really but that's down to lack of carriages I suppose.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
I got to Brighton station for about 6.45 and the queue went all the way outside the station then back in, thought it was going to take hours! But, within 20 minutes or so I was on the train to Falmer. The queues look huge but they do move quickly so I cant really moan.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Friend of ours queued for an hour, and arrived 15 minutes into the game.

I guess people need to re-evaluate their timing, with the extra numbers.

this is what happened to my brother...and a few other people seemly.

he works in london and has to go home first, so timing is normally a hassle for him ( although he did get to the station around 7)

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The 25 from the bottom of Trafalgar Street is a good way to go if you're in the station area and it's proper busy except it stops all the way up Lewes Road. There are SO MANY bus tops on that road. INFURIATING.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Already you can see that more people are getting to the station and the ground earlier. It's just a question of changing habits.

Personally, sitting in my seat with a pie and a drink, chatting to my daughter about the footie and watching everyone arrive for an hour or so is part of the fun. Save the beer drinking until after while waiting for the queues to go down.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I got on a train at London Road at around 6.40 which I was amazed at, I wonder if they leave some room on the trains at brighton for london rd and moulsecomb pick ups, there were a lot of people on the London Rd platform. I was fully expecting to have to leave a two or three trains and get to the Amex late, it was a pleasant surprise to get there early.

As for Brighton station, the queues always tend to look worse then they are, just be patient you are normally never more than three trains away from getting on. I normally find they organise this pretty well. Obviously the closer to kick off (particularly midweek when the trains are shorter) it can get a bit tense but sadly that is just the way it is. Rule of thumb is to give yourself an hour or so to get to the ground from the centre of Brighton and you should be alright.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Still like getting to the stadium 2 hours before KO, maybe a little less weeknights but usually in Dicks before there's a queue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here