Friday night - if Leicester LOSE to Watford

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Friday night - if Leicester LOSE to Watford

We've made the playoffs, right?

No, but a Leicester loss would mean that we would only need a draw against Leeds to secure a place as Leicester would only be able to get to 68 points and Forest 70 points but as our goal difference is 19 better than theirs, it would take a massive swing to overturn this and should see us there.

tomski

Mar 6, 2013
Bolton
Watford will be final if we get there, so yes Bolton or Leicester would be my preferance and Palace to miss out completly. We have battered Bolton twice this year and with there injuries would be confident of going through.
I didn't know that till you mentioned it.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Can't believe there are people in this thread seemingly putting the rivalry with Palace above our chances of securing a play-off spot! Would of course be hilarious if they missed out (although it would mean no epic play-off encounter against them), but it's much more important we get there. A defeat for Leicester would mean we only need one point from our last two games. Come on Watford!!!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Can't believe there are people in this thread seemingly putting the rivalry with Palace above our chances of securing a play-off spot! Would of course be hilarious if they missed out (although it would mean no epic play-off encounter against them), but it's much more important we get there. A defeat for Leicester would mean we only need one point from our last two games. Come on Watford!!!

I'd be astounded if a Leicester win means we don't qualify for the playoffs at the end of the season.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Can't believe there are people in this thread seemingly putting the rivalry with Palace above our chances of securing a play-off spot!
We're not, we're just confident we'll get there regardless of Leicester. I'm fairly confident Palace will too though.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I didn't know that till you mentioned it.

in terms of performance, at home was so one sided, if it was a boxing match it would have been stopped before half time, away was as dominent albeit we lost to a strike from 50 yards.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

100% this. Whilst it would be funny if Palace google it up, I don't really care who else makes the play-offs as long as we do. A Leicester defeat tonight makes it one less team that could stop us getting there, and that is a good enough reason for me wanting Watford to win.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I agree - CPFC missing out on the play-offs after all the abuse we got from them earlier in the season would just be sublime.

Blackburn 1 CPFC 0
Millwall 3 CPFC 2
Palarse 1 Peterboro 2

sounds good to me:thumbsup:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I agree - CPFC missing out on the play-offs after all the abuse we got from them earlier in the season would just be sublime.

Blackburn 1 CPFC 0
Millwall 3 CPFC 2
Palarse 1 Peterboro 2

Beautiful scores.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
All this is irrelevant information.

With all respect, that's nonsense.

We are discussing our respective teams' chances in a potential future match. How the previous matches went - the weight of possession - the creation of chances, etc, is hugely relevant.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
All this is irrelevant information.
How can the way our team plays against your team be irrelevant? Watford were too fast for us on the counter, and if we played them again that would be a relevant and we'd have to setup accordingly.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
100% this. Whilst it would be funny if Palace google it up, I don't really care who else makes the play-offs as long as we do. A Leicester defeat tonight makes it one less team that could stop us getting there, and that is a good enough reason for me wanting Watford to win.

Indeed - think only of us, anything else is a bonus.

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
Let's not forget that if Leicester beat Watford today and Watford lost or drew to Leeds next weekend (it's a big if I know), we can still realistically finish 3rd..

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just read that only 4 teams are mathematically guaranteed to be in the Championship next season, and one of those is Bournemouth.
And Derby, 'boro, & Leeds

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
There might be an element of choice in where in the table we finish after the Wolves game. Look at the Conference play-offs. Justin Edinburgh. the manager of Newport County, clearly didn't fancy playing Wrexham in the play-off semis. That's why he put out seven reserve team players (including a crap goalkeeper) for the last match of the main season - against Grimsby. A very satisfactory 3-0 defeat followed, meaning that Newport had to play ...er... Grimsby in the play-off semis. What happened next? Newport put out a well-rested team to play Grimsby (away) last night. And won.

The best result for the Albion against Wolves isn't yet clear. It could be, by about 75 minutes into the game, though. Go for it, Gus! Whatever it is.

I'd rather play Bolton in the semis. We were better than them in both league matches but didn't get the results we deserved, so we're due.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
So to clarify, if tonight's score (well, result at least) remains the same then we need 1 point from the last two games to guarantee a play-off place?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports