Friday night - if Leicester LOSE to Watford

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I didn't know you knew that, I've never entered an online quiz. Don't think I'll enter another, it's not been much fun.

You didn't know that I knew Google existed.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Firstly, as has been said on here already, let's just take care of our own work first and get in, before we worry about who we do or don't get in the play-offs. IF we find ourselves already in by then, as Lord B says, there may be some flexibility in team selection for Wolves, but I'd be very careful about picking anything other than a strong side for that game. Other clubs in relegation trouble would be appalled if we stick fringe players in and Wolves need a result, and a heavy fine could follow. Also, again getting a long, long way ahead of ourselves, would you really want the last game before the play-offs started to be a defeat, if we get in? Keep the good run going, get in, take the momentum in with us. Avoid Palace like the plague - hopefully they'll miss out altogether. That'd be my ideal scenario.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
They won't be. They'll just scrape in and - if we got them in the semis - we'd utterly humiliate them. Gus is a far more intelligent manager than Holloway.

The post that's most likely to be bumped !!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I can't even remember what this thread is about. Good work you two :lolol:
:lol: as we pointlessly waffled on, I was conscious that the thread was covering old ground anyway. I'll be watching tomorrow, but I'm not actually sure who I'm supporting. A defeat for Leicester would make it even less likely we'll miss out, but if they win it keeps the pressure on Palace, which is entertaining.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
I'm hoping for a Watford win. If don't win on saturday, the watford result might be massive.
I'm going to bet that we get Bolton in the Semis and beat Palace in the finals.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
want to avoid Palace at all costs. I cant bear to face the worlsd if they did turn us over and they potentially could, recent results suggest that they would as well. I would love them to be out the play offs all together, so a leicester win, Palace defeat at Blackburn and Millwall is what i want.

Really don't understand this fear of being knocked out by Palace. They are hands down the weakest team out of the contenders and therefore that is the team that we want to get in the play-offs.

Worst case scenario they beat us and get promoted. This board will be awash with caravan dwellers giving it the large for a while and then next season we get to watch them getting stuffed every week while still having bigger gates than them in the Championship.

No big deal.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Really don't understand this fear of being knocked out by Palace. They are hands down the weakest team out of the contenders and therefore that is the team that we want to get in the play-offs.

Worst case scenario they beat us and get promoted. This board will be awash with caravan dwellers giving it the large for a while and then next season we get to watch them getting stuffed every week while still having bigger gates than them in the Championship.

No big deal.

Can now see how you got your username

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley

No big deal.

i know its friday and we can all have a giggle, but thats a rubbish reply. Form and team mean bugger all in a derby game. On there day, Palace could easily bash up 3 to 4 nil the same way in that we can bash them 3 to 4 nil....funny, thats whats happened this season.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
i know its friday and we can all have a giggle, but thats a rubbish reply. Form and team mean bugger all in a derby game. On there day, Palace could easily bash up 3 to 4 nil the same way in that we can bash them 3 to 4 nil....funny, thats whats happened this season.

So you'd rather face Bolton or Watford as they would be easier to beat because they aren't derby games?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
So you'd rather face Bolton or Watford as they would be easier to beat because they aren't derby games?

Watford will be final if we get there, so yes Bolton or Leicester would be my preferance and Palace to miss out completly. We have battered Bolton twice this year and with there injuries would be confident of going through.

Watford will be final if we get there, so yes Bolton or Leicester would be my preferance and Palace to miss out completly. We have battered Bolton twice this year and with there injuries would be confident of going through.

For many reasons Palace missing out would be football heaven. The meltdown on BBS would be a joy to behold.

Here's hoping.:bhasign:

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
We have battered Bolton twice this year and with their injuries would be confident of going through.

Ahh I see your logic. Previous form is relevant against Bolton but not against Palace because it's a derby game. I getcha. :thumbsup:

Furthermore, how does failing to beat them at home and losing at their place constitute a "battering" exactly? :shrug:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports