Friday drinks thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Now I treated myself to this just before Christmas, a Kilchoman Sauternes Cask single malt. It's a bona ride rarity, I believe it may be sold out, for ever. I bought it with th full intention of drinking it, and that is what I am doing, it is simply sensational.

The best whisky I've ever had is Bruichladdich Yquem Cask. The 'Laddie make some damn fine whisky. I did try Glenmorangie Sauternes Cask, and was most disappointed by it but, like you, I think there's something in this Sauternes/sweetie-whisky combo.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The best whisky I've ever had is Bruichladdich Yquem Cask. The 'Laddie make some damn fine whisky. I did try Glenmorangie Sauternes Cask, and was most disappointed by it but, like you, I think there's something in this Sauternes/sweetie-whisky combo.

That Bruicladdich sounds rather special, it's a wonderful distillery. My all time favourite was probably a 22 YO Caol Ila single barrel I bought many moons ago, but I've been fortunate over the years to be able to buy a variety of superb malts. A 25 YO single barrel Laphroig was a particular beauty, as was a 30 YO Springbank. These days I tend to prefer rarer bourbons, but I do like to find an unusual malt, I go to Hennings in Pulborough, they are quite avid and regularly have some cracking malts to keep my Scottish love affair going. Sláinte

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports