Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Fridat night home drinking thread

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
After the week from hell I've just cracked open a Budweiser which was literally the only beer left on the shelves this evening apart from Stella.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
BrewDog Jack Hammer

Will be followed by some of the collection I’ve accumulated this month from Cloudwater & Northern Monk (in Manchester) or Bottle & Jug and Beer No Evil in Worthing

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Things are getting desperate. I found a bottle of Lidl Irish Cream that I bought 2 years ago in the back of a cupboard, before I realised I was lactose intolerant.

Desperate times call for desperate (large) measures.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Fortunately I bought 6 pints of Harveys for the weekend last night. Unfortunately I promptly drank the lot.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Fortunately I bought 6 pints of Harveys for the weekend last night. Unfortunately I promptly drank the lot.

These are indeed desperate times, I can't believe that you drunk the hand sanitiser supply.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Day 9 of self isolation/playing nursemaid after the wifes operation
Lager, gin and vodka stocks depleted, looking for a recipe for amaretto, curacao and cherry brandy......:facepalm:
Aunt Beru's Blue Milk:

Four parts whole milk
One and a half parts cream
Three parts Blue Curacao
One part Amaretto
Half a teaspoon of vanilla extract.

Too sweet for my palate, however, I'm told it's acceptable.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Just back from the White Lion Aldeburgh, downed 4 pints of San Miguel .Sad night but we'll get through it .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have a friend and neighbour, Bob the social worker (retired), for whom I have offered to do shopping and errands in these difficult times. I weeded his front garden (not a euphemism) today. Tomorrow he has asked me if I wouldn't mind dealing with an urgent shortage - would I mind selecting a case of heavy reds from Majestic. FFS. The old, and their priorities, eh? :lolol:

Meanwhile, in Faversham Towers, I have just cracked open a bottle picked up today from Macknade. It is rather cheeky.

tonight's wine is.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Things are getting desperate. I found a bottle of Lidl Irish Cream that I bought 2 years ago in the back of a cupboard, before I realised I was lactose intolerant.

Desperate times call for desperate (large) measures.

Just crunch and swallow a couple of lactase tabs before and during and after each glass.

Not wishing to derail the thread but I found a few months ago I am gluten intolerant as well as lactose. Control of lactose and gluten has transformed the lifestyle of my back passage to the point where I am beginning to feel slightly guilty about all those bog rolls I panic-hoarded in my shed recently.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Me a Nurse Gladys Emmanuel NEVER drink at home and only go out once a week for a PROPER drink, yes you can call us binge drinkers.
What am I meant to do as I really don't enjoy drinking at home it just isn't the same as a good night in the local getting lashed with friends.
Roll on the summer.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

If you had checked on the bottle you would have read, “Do not take orally”

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
First drink on a Friday in a while ,supporting the local offy instead of Tescos down the road . Just opened 2nd bottle of 4 of JW Augustiner Braeu Munchen Edelstoff ,plus 4 bottles of Titanic Plum Porter for tomorrow.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Given the Government statement closing pubs I reckon that is Fridat done for a while.

Just had a couple in the Bells, very surreal, Bill seemed quite shellshocked, he has a lot of beer about to go off , I shall be round tomorrow with a flagon to get it filled.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Lime and soda for me. I had a reality check last week at the doctors as I was told my blood sugar level was nearly double what it should be and as I am recently diagnosed type 2 diabetic I am taking action. So 3 months off the booze and. ( trying very hard) to eat a better diet. With what is going on at the moment the timing couldn't have been better.

I've done it for three months (three nights excluded) lost two stone and lowered my blood sugar to no more than 6.4 (me testing) which is in normal limits. Added to which HbA1c test from Monday has shown a decrease from 72 (8.7) to 40 (5.8) which is a normal reading for non diabetic.HbA1c is a blood test that is able to look back three months at your average blood sugar.

Next beer for me is my birthday next month.

I do tasting session as part of my job but have only been tasting a straw full, which has been hard. Due to isolating (wife disabled) and the industry we are being sent beer for Skype beer tasting. Things could become difficult.

I didn't even pick up my allowance from HQ of 24 cases of any of our products.

Good luck with it, a little willpower and you'll feel so much better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here