Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Fridat drinks thread

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Let’s be honest all those drinks tonight are just someone adding the contents of old dead person’s pantry to a beer.

I mixed some ‘Drainaway’ from under the sink with some old cocoa powder and a bottle of cough medicine

Bloody lovely .. Hints of burnt chocolate With sour cherry and it hides the whoomph well.

Btw the internet in A & E is excellant.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Had friends round in the garden tonight to share a curry.... Things got a little out of hand. Had a few Alhambra Reservas, Sloe Gin and some Mead. Monday was sliding in to view and this takes that pain away.

Spanish lager ? Ffs man have you no dignity left...... this is a open forum..... anyone can read that....

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
This little beauty. :thumbsup:

d'Arenberg Anthropocene Epoch

CAE1876S.png

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Spanish lager ? Ffs man have you no dignity left...... this is a open forum..... anyone can read that....
Ah, but, this is Spanish Lager taken to a new level!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
A trip to B&M a week ago and saw a 5 litre tinny of Hobgoblin. Whilst not my favourite tipple, it was half the price of Harveys so thought I'd get it in for this weekends 20 hour football and F1 TV marathon. Beginning of this week toothache resulted in an emergency dental trip and strong tablets which came with a 'No Alcohol' warning.
Incidentally, B&M (Bexhill) had Now TV sticks at £20 with free one month Sky Sports Pass. Only saw one left on shelf. Most places sell these for £39

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Ah, but, this is Spanish Lager taken to a new level!

Seriously though my argument about the Brookstead back in the day not serving lager because it was an ‘ale house’ never goes away for me and I know it’s time I moved on but...........Alhambra is a dopplebock. There are Altbiers. Swartzbiers and so many more that are all LAGERED.

Veg if you don’t mind this is my Scrimshaw moment.

It’s not just about top or bottom fermenting.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Seriously though my argument about the Brookstead back in the day not serving lager because it was an ‘ale house’ never goes away for me and I know it’s time I moved on but...........Alhambra is a dopplebock. There are Altbiers. Swartzbiers and so many more that are all LAGERED.

https://www.cicerone.org/us-en/certifications/certified-cicerone

Really good info here. Fortunately my company paid for it all for me. Takes some doing to get the qualifications

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
So is the Fridat thread good enough to continue for today's football related festivities or is a Saturdat thread called for? Decisions. decisions. (just in case is this one I am off to my bubble mate's soon. He has Harveys 5l. I have Saino's Priorat x 2. Tomorrow may be written off.)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

With respect, we are talking Alhambra Reserva 1925 6.4% abv..... Only available in a few outlets, not from Brooksteed.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
With respect, we are talking Alhambra Reserva 1925 6.4% abv..... Only available in a few outlets, not from Brooksteed.

With even more respect I’ve drunk it a few times in Italy. I know what it tastes like. It’s a good Doppelboch. I was referring to the.Brooksteads claim that they were only there for ale. Bock I is an ale but also a lager ... The best I’ve drunk of that style was in Germany although Northern Italy do lots of those (lagers) 👍

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
With even more respect I’ve drunk it a few times in Italy. I know what it tastes like. It’s a good Doppelboch. I was referring to the.Brooksteads claim that they were only there for ale. Bock I is an ale but also a lager ... The best I’ve drunk of that style was in Germany although Northern Italy do lots of those (lagers) 👍

Nothing to do with Brooksteed who now sell Ale,Cider, Gin, Whisky, Vodka, White wine and Red wine, this was bought from a very select Co-Op store. Really not worried about it's fermentation process, the 6.4% tells me all I need to know.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Nothing to do with Brooksteed who now sell Ale,Cider, Gin, Whisky, Vodka, White wine and Red wine, this was bought from a very select Co-Op store. Really not worried about it's fermentation process, the 6.4% tells me all I need to know.

Very select Co/Op store 😂😂😂😂 what couldnt you get White Lightening. I mean Co-Op are famous for their select stores selling top beers 😂😂

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Very select Co/Op store 😂😂😂😂 what couldnt you get White Lightening. I mean Co-Op are famous for their select stores selling top beers 😂😂

Will leave a bottle on your front door step within next 24 hours.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Right into the Thornbridge Jamestown whilst skinning up a big blunt....... Th3cAlbion have done for me again

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here