Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Freeman (long haired Brizzle player)

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
No, it's always the ref. A few years ago, they'd indicate it to the fourth official using some sort of pre-determined signal, generally with the hand. I assume now they use their mics/ear-pieces to just given the message verbally.

The amusing thing about last night is Bristol City spent most of the second half wasting time and they then got that time back at the end when they were chasing the game. It was like they banked the time for when they needed it. Fortunately justice prevailed and they didn't get an equaliser.

Interesting. Thanks. I have since found this - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20159223

Some interesting points.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No he doesn't. The referee indicates what he wants added - the 4th official just puts it up on the board.

More generally, I rather enjoyed his laissez-faire style of refereeing.

Well you learn something new every day! Apologies for that. But I still don't agree with your comment - the players were committing bookable offences so should have been booked every time...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'd like to see Kayal's booking again.

Perhaps it looks different in slow motion, but I thought he moved after City had tapped the ball. It's not as though the bloke thwunted the dead ball at him: the other player had tapped it to him, at which point Kayal is entitled to close down.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis

Perhaps it looks different in slow motion, but I thought he moved after City had tapped the ball. It's not as though the bloke thwunted the dead ball at him: the other player had tapped it to him, at which point Kayal is entitled to close down.

Could it be that Kayal wanted to get his suspension out of the way before the Reading game?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Nope, run it past us again?

I think you've inadvertently provided a fair summary of their entirely playful but nevertheless bizarre night.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

100% the Bristol player touched it, the ball was in play. Ref got it badly wrong.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
100% the Bristol player touched it, the ball was in play. Ref got it badly wrong.

Oh I know the City player touched it, my question was whether Kayal moved within ten yards before that actually happened. Didn't look like it with the naked eye, but perhaps the referee had a good view.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Oh I know the City player touched it, my question was whether Kayal moved within ten yards before that actually happened. Didn't look like it with the naked eye, but perhaps the referee had a good view.

That's what I mean, the ref got it badly wrong, Kayal reacted after the ball was touched.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
That's what I mean, the ref got it badly wrong, Kayal reacted after the ball was touched.

Kayal is very quick over short distances. Perhaps the ref just witnessed how far he'd travelled in such a short space of time and thought, he couldn't have done that legitimately, so I'd better penalise him for it.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Kayal is very quick over short distances. Perhaps the ref just witnessed how far he'd travelled in such a short space of time and thought, he couldn't have done that legitimately, so I'd better penalise him for it.

Yes, I'm adamant about this, as I was specifically watching our reaction once the ball was 'in play', and as you say Kayal, just reacted very quickly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here