Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Freeman and their No 22.....

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Just because he's a Demi-God doesn't mean he can't do something daft. I would like to believe the kicking against the hoardings and bobbled version.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
No that is an utter myth someone on here made up. He clearly showed him the first yellow for about 5 seconds and was clearly saying 'no' to Freeman as he was protesting... He surely showed him 2 yellows. Fact is the second one should have been for their other player anyway such was the refs negligence!

[MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] is correct, the ref DID drop the yellow card the first time. Go back and watch the video. He shows the card at 57:25 in the match; at about 57:28 he drops it (a City player actually walks in front of the camera at the instant the ref drops the card so you don't see it fall, but he clearly bends down to pick it back up). The ref THEN starts saying "no, no" to Freeman.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
[MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] is correct, the ref DID drop the yellow card the first time. Go back and watch the video. He shows the card at 57:25 in the match; at about 57:28 he drops it (a City player actually walks in front of the camera at the instant the ref drops the card so you don't see it fall, but he clearly bends down to pick it back up). The ref THEN starts saying "no, no" to Freeman.

Yes but he held the card up for a long long time before dropping it then - wasn't anything to do with the second card surely...? It shows him holding it for ages then shows him walking 20 yards to show him another? It's bizaare though as Freeman is pretty distinctive!

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I thought that

Both good players
Freeman ran the game and their no.22 was the best striker I've seen this season

Does that include the first half , when we could of easily scored three or four , city only came in to the game when we equalised and the game became open , as for their striker , he was meant to be marked by Dunk who had a stinker .
We had 59 % possession so I fail to see how any City player could run the match , we deserved to win the match and were the better team , but I thought our defence were poor on Tuesday especially our 2 central defenders . City were ok but let's not go overboard

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I contacted the Football League to see what they had to say about Freeman being shown the yellow card twice. I have just received their response:-

Having looked into your query with the Referee’s Manager we can confirm that the referee did show a yellow card to Freeman, then had dropped his card to the floor. As a result, and to ensure that the player was aware he had received a caution for the simulation offence, the referee showed him the card again. However he simultaneously made it clear to Freeman that he was receiving one caution. Of course to some spectators, and on a purely visual basis, it is understandable that this might have looked like a double caution.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

I contacted the Football League to see what they had to say about Freeman being shown the yellow card twice. I have just received their response:-

Exactly what I said sorry their response wasnt copied.for some reason.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here