Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Freedman on the Murray story....

ballboys

Feb 23, 2009
Freedman: Murray deal talk is not true

Wednesday, 13 April 2011

By Richard Cawley

PALACE boss Dougie Freedman has dismissed reports that he is closing in on the signature of Glenn Murray.

There was a claim earlier today that the 21-goal Brighton striker, who is due to be a free agent in the summer, is on the verge of making a switch to the Seagulls’ arch rivals.

But Freedman, talking to the South London Press, was quick to knock the story down.

He said: “It’s not true and in my experience of the game it is probably the agent trying to work Brighton for more money - and he’s just picked local rivals to wind them up.

“I know a lot of clubs are in for the kid - so why pick Crystal Palace?

“He’s on a free transfer and I expect Glenn Murray to be too expensive for us.”

Follow me on Twitter - @RichCawleySLP.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
I said it was agent talk as soon as I saw the story this morning.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Why would anyone boo Murray? Make no sense and NSC is just weird and doesn't reflect
the views of most Brighton fans.

If he leaves for Palace I will hate him, but he hasn't. If my wife leaves me for a bloke in the
pub I'll hate her, but that hasn't happened yet - so why worry about it?

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Why would anyone boo Murray? Make no sense and NSC is just weird and doesn't reflect
the views of most Brighton fans.

If he leaves for Palace I will hate him, but he hasn't. If my wife leaves me for a bloke in the
pub I'll hate her, but that hasn't happened yet - so why worry about it?

she was eyeing that young geezer up to be fair?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
What? You mean it's not true? I really thought it was..not! Anyone who even gave this rumour the slightest bit of attention (quite a few on this website for starters) really did have a skin full last night! Palace? Not even Buckingham could afford the man right now let alone that shower up the road who can't afford their own floodlights meter right now. No, the tables have well and truly turned as predicted and we're in the ascendancy. Croydon are the game's paupers now and we're going to right royally shit on them for years to come now. I just hope they stick around long enough for us to give them a couple of good thrashings along the way. One for revenge, the other to give 'em something to remember us by on our way to the Premiership!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
1 of 300+ stories we'll hear about players we won't sell or won't be able to buy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here