Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Freedman and Bolton Part Company

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Managerial changes now happening at the bottom end of the Championship. Chairmen know that if you reach ten games in and it ain't happening, chances are it still won't be happening at twenty games.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Gartside is another of these chairmen who try to get their clubs to compete at the very highest level when the club frankly just isn't big enough to do so by overspending. Bolton were doing okay under Fat Sam when they had all their stars - Okocha, Campo, etc, though no doubt he had them on Pompey-style contracts like 'Arry had his on. Then, when relegation occurs, all the chickens come home to roost. I would imagine the next manager will go the same way as Freedman too, unless they cut their cloth and are able to appoint someone like Warburton at Brentford, who can build the club again from within. Other examples are Ridsdale trying to chase after Manchester United, and to a certain extent Middlesbrough; though Gibson has now got them on an even keel, I can't think the likes of Alen Boksic were on a pittance.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
There is no doubting Dougie did a good job at Palace, albeit after a boring and frustrating year or so. The turning point was after the 4-1 defeat at Bristol City, when there was a heated "discussion " with Parish in the car park.

He signed top players like Bolasie and Ward for relative peanuts,and brought through some of the youngsters as well.
After publicly saying after the Millwall game on Saturday he wasn't leaving a job half done, he walked on Monday.
One of the reasons given was he needed to feed his 4 children !!!

After a glittering spell as a player , he left most Palace fans with a sour taste in the manner of his departure.
I just hope he can provide for the kids with Christmas around the corner .

Dec 3, 2012
There is no doubting Dougie did a good job at Palace, albeit after a boring and frustrating year or so. The turning point was after the 4-1 defeat at Bristol City, when there was a heated "discussion " with Parish in the car park.

He signed top players like Bolasie and Ward for relative peanuts,and brought through some of the youngsters as well.
After publicly saying after the Millwall game on Saturday he wasn't leaving a job half done, he walked on Monday.
One of the reasons given was he needed to feed his 4 children !!!

After a glittering spell as a player , he left most Palace fans with a sour taste in the manner of his departure.
I just hope he can provide for the kids with Christmas around the corner .

What length of contract was he on at Bolton?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here