Votes: 40 25.6%
  • Enciso's on fire

Votes: 73 46.8%

• Total voters

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I think Wigan made it famous but weren't first. I can't remember who was though (and is no doubt up for debate)
Alan Shearer at newcaslte perhaps?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I think it should be Fergie.

Enciso should get a variation of the Caicedo song, as that won't be needed.
Enciso (aha)
He came from Paraguay (aha)
His goals will multiply
His name is Julio Enciso

Needs (a lot) of work :dunce:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Got me thinking. I had an online discussion with someone on here about PRS payments to song writers & artisist.
For a song that was a hit way back in 1996 but died a death afterwards, thus probably removed from any payments. Would the writers still be making money on a song we all hear every week on TV & radio, despite not being an official played version. I'd be really miffed if it was my song and I heard it everywhere I went but got ziltch for it.

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
It's been such a team thing this year, I'd vote Brighton's on fire rather than 1 player.

In other news, it's a shame BDB didn't hang around a bit longer, so one day we could be singing

Burn, Burn, Burn
Odel Offiah
Odel Offiah

Oh well.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
It's been such a team thing this year, I'd vote Brighton's on fire rather than 1 player.

In other news, it's a shame BDB didn't hang around a bit longer, so one day we could be singing

Burn, Burn, Burn
Odel Offiah
Odel Offiah

Oh well.

I say we use it anyway. That's a perfect song for Odel alone.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Got me thinking. I had an online discussion with someone on here about PRS payments to song writers & artisist.
For a song that was a hit way back in 1996 but died a death afterwards, thus probably removed from any payments. Would the writers still be making money on a song we all hear every week on TV & radio, despite not being an official played version. I'd be really miffed if it was my song and I heard it everywhere I went but got ziltch for it.
If the club play it over the tannoy, the writer will get royalties, as it’s a public broadcast.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
If the club play it over the tannoy, the writer will get royalties, as it’s a public broadcast.
All businesses that play music pay a set fee to the PRS for a license. The club will pay the standard £332 a year I would imagine. This covers all music played in public (except royalty free compositions of course). You can play one song a 1000 times and it wouldn’t effect the cost. For an extra £11 you can have live music too!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Interesting fact of the day, which I expect you knew. Tannoy is a trade name of the speakers used in public address systems. Looking it up I see they were used in WW2 and Butlins used their speakers in the huts of guests. Similar to the word Hoover which covers all Vacuum Cleaners. I doubt if any stadium uses Tannoy speakers but any anouncement or music is played, as you said, 'over the Tannoy'.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Interesting fact of the day, which I expect you knew. Tannoy is a trade name of the speakers used in public address systems. Looking it up I see they were used in WW2 and Butlins used their speakers in the huts of guests. Similar to the word Hoover which covers all Vacuum Cleaners. I doubt if any stadium uses Tannoy speakers but any anouncement or music is played, as you said, 'over the Tannoy'.
It’s like saying hoovering the living room. Force of habit for a long time.
I’ll go and sit in the corner. :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports