Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Free Travel Season Ticket

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What are the details of the deal between the club and the railway then ? I bet they are paying nothing like full fares, recognising that not all use it anyway, some already have a rail ST etc

The travel subsidy costs over 1 million per season, for the trains & buses. No other club has to cover this.
FFP means we can only lose 6 million this season, so the cost of travel is a millstone.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What are the details of the deal between the club and the railway then ? I bet they are paying nothing like full fares, recognising that not all use it anyway, some already have a rail ST etc

Yeh I'm sure you're right Daz. They also said some of the coaches are/were subsidised but I'm not so sure myself. I think ours are now private as such so I'm paying £60 a yr for nothing - oh well, worse things to worry about and I get to watch the Albion from the best ground in the football league :thumbsup:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The travel subsidy costs over 1 million per season, for the trains & buses. No other club has to cover this.
FFP means we can only lose 6 million this season, so the cost of travel is a millstone.

If you estimate say 24 games and 22,000 STH, £1 million works out at just over £2 per person per game. It's a pretty good deal all round

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
If you estimate say 24 games and 22,000 STH, £1 million works out at just over £2 per person per game. It's a pretty good deal all round

It's a great deal if you live in Haywards Heath or Burgess Hill and return to Falmer would normally cost £6.80. Not great if you live in Brighton and haven't needed it for the Withdean or the Amex.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
National rail were more than happy to let me through at the gates in Gatwick with a season ticket. Superb afternoon so far :D

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
National rail were more than happy to let me through at the gates in Gatwick with a season ticket. Superb afternoon so far :D

Really just shows how much staff training goes on these days

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

And just shows when the travel tax goes up who is to blame , especially those who brag on a message board that can be read by the people who set agreements for the travel. Which is why the optional ticket was withdrawn was because of bell ends like you abusing the system

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
Which is why I think we should pay it now.

We do pay. A £50 supplement was added to the cost of a season ticket after 1st season at amex, so that will be over £1m a season. If your figures are accurate, then we are already covering the travel costs.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
And just shows when the travel tax goes up who is to blame , especially those who brag on a message board that can be read by the people who set agreements for the travel. Which is why the optional ticket was withdrawn was because of bell ends like you abusing the system

Bore off you miserable jobs worth. So the sum of my one time lucky ticket getaway is the entire system crashing. Go back to posting the same crap you do everyday about your sauce and sausages

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here