Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
If that's correct then I'd just ignore the "ticket".

Me too of course.

Surely with several of us on this forum board also being regulars on the MSE parking ticket forum means no-one on here will ever pay a private parking fake PCN ever again?! Not being funny but other posters couldn't ask for much better advice, surely, than having at least three MSE parking ticket board regulars on NSC?

Anyone who pays a private parking ticket needs their head examining, they have more money than sense & obviously also send cash to phishing emailers. Can I have some?

And anyone who pays a Council PCN without going to pepipoo for help first and then appealing all the way to the adjudicator has missed a trick IMHO.

Last edited:

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
And anyone who pays a Council PCN without going to pepipoo for help first and then appealing all the way to the adjudicator has missed a trick IMHO.

TBH Peppipoo is a joke and quite dangerous with some of the misinformed advice.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
We went to the marina in the end and that was on the strength of the advice from you guys! X

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
TBH no it is not. Most people get off most PCNs over there. Read a few threads, read some successes:

FightBack Forums -> Council Parking Tickets Clamping and Decriminalised Notices

FightBack Forums -> Private Parking Tickets Clamping

I can imagine that Councils HATE it, as do private parking scammer firms. What problem do you have with that forum, IMHO it is superb!

An Awful amount of of so called informed advice on that site is laughable. Believe me, from someone who DOES know just about everything there is to know about the subject, it's not as good as you think.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
You obviously like it. I prefer to read a good book for amusement. A little knowledge when it comes to the law can be a dangerous thing.

Not if people have a parking ticket from a Council and get off it. About 90% of the Council PCN cases on pepipoo are won. That's not dangerous.

And if just a few other people realise that private parking tickets are a scam which can be completely ignored, then that's a good thing.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Surely with several of us on this forum board also being regulars on the MSE parking ticket forumon NSC?

Ever thought that we may bored of your persistent obsession with parking charges and the need to constantly tell us about it all the time ???

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Ever thought that we may bored of your persistent obsession with parking charges and the need to constantly tell us about it all the time ???

Nah.

I am far more obsessed with the Albion but will always chip in on a thread like this, as will Westdene Seagull and Manx Shearwater. We do know what we are talking about and if it helps stop people getting ripped off then that's what MoneySavingExpert is all about - the advice can help people on this forum too. What's wrong with that?

Last edited:

Jeez ... another thread that is turning into a series of rants about the wickedness of parking enforcement.

Can't people grasp the idea that regulated parking is in everyone's best interests?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Nah.

I am far more obsessed with the Albion but will always chip in on a thread like this, as will Westdene Seagull and Manx Shearwater. We do know what we are talking about and if it helps stop people getting ripped off then that's what MoneySavingExpert is all about - the advice can help people on this forum too. What's wrong with that?

Well we are.

But for once, your be pleased to know I have actually learnt something from one of your post, what MSE means. You kept referring to "MSE" without actually saying what it was until this post.
Get a more interesting hobby.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Jeez ... another thread that is turning into a series of rants about the wickedness of parking enforcement.

Can't people grasp the idea that regulated parking is in everyone's best interests?

Parking regulated by the council yes, is a good thing. That said they don't do it very well currently. I had a parking ticket because the signage was so confusing. I appealled and it was turned down and then went for adjudication. The bullying letters from the council between the appeal rejection and the hearing were unbelievable. They then sent TWO council employees to the hearing. I won because the magistrate lived in the area I got the ticket and went and checked the signs. She ripped a strip off the two council employees and recommended the signage be altered. Strangely, over 5 years on and the signage is still the same.

As for regulated parking by private firms -no it's not a good thing for anyone. The PPCs are run by criminals and are totally unregulated. You can get a "ticket" for the most pathetic reasons - many totally unreasonably. The PPCs avoid paying VAT but thankfully HMRC has recently won a case around that and so hopefully we're about to see the whole business model collapse. That has only come about thanks to people like @LadySeagull & co constantly banging on about the problem. Do you really believe the private parking industry is good for anyone other than the rip off merchants who take the money and break the law ?

If NCP really are restricting parking at the Marina to 3 or 4 hours then it's very short sighted.I know many parents who have their childrens birthday treat there by taking them and their friends bowling, then to see a film and then for a bite to eat. That easily takes over four hours. What about if you want to do a days fishing ? I'm all for not breaking the parking conditions if they are reasonable but it sounds like the Marina just want to lose customers. Hence I'll ignore the NCP monkeys and continue to use the services and take however long I want.

Last edited:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Parking regulated by the council yes, is a good thing. That said they don't do it very well currently. I had a parking ticket because the signage was so confusing. I appealled and it was turned down and then went for adjudication. The bullying letters from the council between the appeal rejection and the hearing were unbelievable. They then sent TWO council employees to the hearing. I won because the magistrate lived in the area I got the ticket and went and checked the signs. She ripped a strip off the two council employees and recommended the signage be altered. Strangely, over 5 years on and the signage is still the same.

As for regulated parking by private firms -no it's not a good thing for anyone. The PPCs are run by criminals and are totally unregulated. You can get a "ticket" for the most pathetic reasons - many totally unreasonably. The PPCs avoid paying VAT but thankfully HMRC has recently won a case around that and so hopefully we're about to see the whole business model collapse. That has only come about thanks to people like @LadySeagull & co constantly banging on about the problem. Do you really believe the private parking industry is good for anyone other than the rip off merchants who take the money and break the law ?

If NCP really are restricting parking at the Marina to 3 or 4 hours then it's very short sighted.I know many parents who have their childrens birthday treat there by taking them and their friends bowling, then to see a film and then for a bite to eat. That easily takes over four hours. What about if you want to do a days fishing ? I'm all for not breaking the parking conditions if they are reasonable but it sounds like the Marina just want to lose customers. Hence I'll ignore the NCP monkeys and continue to use the services and take however long I want.

So you are crowing about a parking ticket you got recinded over 5 years ago ???.
Bet you have dined out that one a lot over the years.

Re the marina, if parents can afford to take the little-uns to a birthday party, bowling, cinema etc in a car, this all cost a significant amount of money, a couple of quid to park is only going to be a fraction of the cost of the afternoon out.
I'm all for fighting right from wrong, but it just seems you want something for nothing all the time, hence your comment "I'll ignore the NCP monkeys and continue to use the services and take however long I want."

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
So you are crowing about a parking ticket you got recinded over 5 years ago ???.
Bet you have dined out that one a lot over the years.

Re the marina, if parents can afford to take the little-uns to a birthday party, bowling, cinema etc in a car, this all cost a significant amount of money, a couple of quid to park is only going to be a fraction of the cost of the afternoon out.
I'm all for fighting right from wrong, but it just seems you want something for nothing all the time, hence your comment "I'll ignore the NCP monkeys and continue to use the services and take however long I want."

Errr .... unless it's changed in the last couple of months then there is no option to pay for extra time at the Marina.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here