Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FREE cavity wall insulation

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
They told me no grants for loft insulation.

Lofts were always harder to do as people (me included) use them to store shit in. I guess the payback finally went negative on them and the funding was cut, presumably.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
I think some of the earlier insulation used to soak up water which in turn soaked through to the internal walls because it was wool or similar based. Been told by someone it's like little plastic balls now which allow the water to drain off. Would be worth asking the firm's touting for the work

Wool? I think you're talking bollocks.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Recently had a few companies knocking the door offering free cavity wall insulation, they say its free under a Govt ECO grant.
They also told me that there is no qualification criteria, are they telling the truth? is there such a thing as free insulation?

Any ideas..

Had my house down a few years ago by a company called Essex Insulation (or similar). Seemed too good to be true and sent them away for a couple of hours whilst I did my research
Happy that all legit and they used small beads. Happy with the results. They did some damage to one of the walls, however made it all good a short time later
The house is certainly warmer and no damp issues to report

Collingburnian

May 13, 2016
Shoreham by Sea
We had loft insulation installed completely free about five years ago. A little while later a guy came round to check that the job had been done properly, found a couple of problems and the original installers had to come back to make good. Ours was a good experience.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here