Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Free BTSport to BT Broadbanders... can anyone figure this out?

I don't have infinity, just regular BT Broadband. I am getting BT SS1, SS2 & ESPN though my Skybox for free, and for the first year I have been upgraded to their HD service, also for free.

Thanks Superphil. Unfortunately I don't have Sky, just BT Vision (with a BT Vision box) so think I need a (seemingly non-existent) viewing card as strings mentions above. I assume if/when these cards become available I'll have to sign up for another 12 months but not sure if that's the case just for online viewing?

edit: Aha, I seem to have got somewhere. Now it will let me order the new service, including a move to 'new look Vision'. However I'm nervy of the fact that it says that I will be re-contracted to BT Broadband for 12 months without quoting any price, when I know that I have a heavily-reduced package at the moment. Guess I'll have to give them a ring.

Last edited:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I have submitted an email enquiry to BT, as their phoneline staff can be hit and miss - some of them are really helpful, others are a little useless. I will let you know what I am told...

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
I too have BT vision and obviously wrongly assumed that the channels would just appear when the service started.

Intrigued to hear what other people find out and will try giving them a call this afternoon.

Mad as my Mother

May 21, 2013
Dorset
Nice to have 3 new free (yes I know ESPN was there before but not free) sports channels. Might even try and get into baseball a little now!

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
i phoned BT about three weeks ago to make sure i could receive the sports channels, and was told it would cost an extra £5 and i would need a viewing card as i dont have "infinity ". They did adjust my broadband package so i am now paying less overall each month.

I called them about 10 mins ago to check up on the whereabouts of the viewing card to be told " the viewing cards are in the post "

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
bought this back as last night I watched BT sport on cable TV from TALKTALK just hope it stays on there and for nothing

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Watched a bit of the opening show at 18:00 last night (and it works on multi-room too without asking)... quite impressed by the range of sports they are covering, and the schedule of analysis/talk/interview type programs too... a real bonus getting it FREE!

Blazing Apostle

Jul 30, 2011
£$%&* BT website does not recognise my Sky ID Code and can't get any £$%^%&^ to answer the phone.....usual great BT crap service

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I watched some of the rugby sevens online and enjoyed it. Now I am just waiting for a reply to my viewing card enquiry...

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
When I checked the BT website a few weeks ago it said I would have to sign up for a further 12 month contract (mine ends in December at the moment) to get the Sport channels.

Not sure I want to continue with BT after December, but having the sports channels to try for the next five months might have convinced me to stay.

Short sighted decision of BT - why not make the Sport available to all current Infinity subscribers until their current contract ends?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
It's sinking in that Virgin are not adding these BT Sport channels into their services?..anyone confirm please? 1st time in 19 years they'll be some games I can't access...

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Short sighted decision of BT - why not make the Sport available to all current Infinity subscribers until their current contract ends?

Because they want you to re-new. They're giving away the sport, so they have to make revenue somewhere.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
It's sinking in that Virgin are not adding these BT Sport channels into their services?..anyone confirm please? 1st time in 19 years they'll be some games I can't access...

They hadn't agreed to deal to carry the channels was what the papers said last week

jonsey

Aug 5, 2011
North Sussex
I think you need to ring them up. They'll sign you up for a further twelve months but there shouldn't be any additional cost

This...........as long as you are under contract it will be at no addtional cost, i signed for a further 12 months and the cost remained the same

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
As away of an update, I finally have got BT Sport now.

I had to phone them several times to get a viewing card sent out. Then, the card didn't arrive when they said it would.

When the card finally did arrive, it didn't work. This, as it turned out, was because they did not 'enable BT Sport' at their end. After a few phone calls, this got sorted out.

Then, the channel took about an hour to activate (this is usual), but the picture was terrible. After a full re-scan of the channels, I now have BT Sport working perfectly.

In short, you can get it through your aerial if you have BT Vision, but they don't make it easy!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here