[Football] Free agents

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Obviously our no.1 forward was picked up as a free agent and in the next few days some will become available as squad numbers are sorted.

I'll start our quest for a Welbeck 2

This is someone who is probably Welbeck, Maupay and Andone combined - Diago Costa :p

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Obviously our no.1 forward was picked up as a free agent and in the next few days some will become available as squad numbers are sorted.

This is someone who is probably Welbeck, Maupay and Andone combined - Diago Costa :p

I would take him for a season, pay to play option.

won't happen though.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
can you imagine? not sure he would, err, fit in!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

They need to have been made a free agent before the window closed or they cannot sign for anyone until the next window opens. When Welbeck was released by Watford it wasn't announced until the day after the window closed but the paperwork would have been lodged with the FA before that or we wouldn't have been able to sign him until January.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
They need to have been made a free agent before the window closed or they cannot sign for anyone until the next window opens. When Welbeck was released by Watford it wasn't announced until the day after the window closed but the paperwork would have been lodged with the FA before that or we wouldn't have been able to sign him until January.

So therefore today some could be available as their contract ended last night. There's the whole world to look at.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I've noticed Dan Axel Zagadou is also available - would take him in an instant, GP and Dunky would be a great influence on him

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I've noticed Dan Axel Zagadou is also available - would take him in an instant, GP and Dunky would be a great influence on him

With a ready made song

Zagadou do do push pineapple shake a tree.

I'll get my coat.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
josip ilicic available too. getting on a bit and has struggled with mental health in recent seasons, but a top draw player on his day with an excellent footballing brain

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Batshuayi’s contract expires next summer, maybe we can dupe Chelsea into cancelling his contract now and we snaffle him on a free.

This could actually work.

1. He fits the ‘Welbeck Profile’.

2. Forest were going to get him on a free by essentially buying out his contract at Chelsea. They still could if Chelsea cancel the contract. We’d just need to gazump them.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Batshuayi’s contract expires next summer, maybe we can dupe Chelsea into cancelling his contract now and we snaffle him on a free.
This could actually work.

1. He fits the ‘Welbeck Profile’.

2. Forest were going to get him on a free by essentially buying out his contract at Chelsea. They still could if Chelsea cancel the contract. We’d just need to gazump them.
Post #4 explains why this can't happen before January.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

And someone who would probably demand the salary of Welbeck, Maupay and Andone combined.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
And someone who would probably demand the salary of Welbeck, Maupay and Andone combined.

Totally agree I was just getting the debate going. Think he'd fail the dickhead policy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports