Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Free Agents

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
James Beattie, striker. 5 international caps.
Lee Bowyer, midfield. 1 international cap.
Papa Bouba Diop, midfield. 63 international caps.
Akos Buzsaky, midfield. 20 international caps.
Mikael Forssell, striker. 81 international caps.
Owen Hargreaves, midfielder. 42 international caps.
Emile Heskey, striker. 62 international caps.
Michael Owen, striker. 89 international caps.
Nigel Reo-Coker, midfielder. 23 U-21 international caps.
Darius Vassell, striker. 22 international caps.

Obviously the transfer deadline isn't a issue but there are some players there worth a shout surely?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Yes please to the Wardrobe, he would absolutely own this division.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
James Beattie, striker. 5 international caps.
Lee Bowyer, midfield. 1 international cap.
Papa Bouba Diop, midfield. 63 international caps.
Akos Buzsaky, midfield. 20 international caps.
Mikael Forssell, striker. 81 international caps.
Owen Hargreaves, midfielder. 42 international caps.
Emile Heskey, striker. 62 international caps.
Michael Owen, striker. 89 international caps.
Nigel Reo-Coker, midfielder. 23 U-21 international caps.
Darius Vassell, striker. 22 international caps.

Obviously the transfer deadline isn't a issue but there are some players there worth a shout surely?

Some good names although not sure there is much there to interest us (or more to the point that we are likely to be interested in).

Vassell has been rumoured to be going to Carlisle...........or to Turkey (nothing like consistency where football rumours are concerned)
Reo Coker may be headed to Scotland - he has said he will never drop below Premier League level so god knows where he will find that quality up there!)
Micheal Owen is a busted flush more interested in his horses than in football and thinks he is too good for the Cham,pionship
Has Hargreaves retired yet?
Diop was reported to be talking to someone today - can't remember who but it wasn't us :lol:
Forsell is rumoured to be one of the seeming 500 strikers that Steve Kean wants to take to Blackburn
I think Bowyer has gone somewhere in League 1 or 2 but I could be wrong
Buzaky would be a good shout - physical presence, creative and a good free kick.
Heskey for all that people knock him allows other people to play around him and would create plenty of goals. Hull are supposed to be after him among others

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
I'd like to see some enquiries made about Preston Zimmerman at Darmstadt 98, if Noone goes. He's a tall Yank winger , played at Mainz last season and scored a few. Played at Hibs and Caley thistle, he's in Germany for family reasons.....think he'd be a snip. A few HiBees fans I know really rated him. He.'s only 23 ..5'11", obviously speaks English....fit in easy peasy.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Out of that lot i would take Buzaky and Heskey without a shadow of a doubt. Obviously Hargreaves would be quality in this division, but i doubt he's affordable.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The only ones I would consider are Vassell or Heskey. Neither are the answer though.

that. Leicester fan doesnt quite understand why Vassell was let go as he was pretty decent up until injury last year. he was played on the wing the whole time accounting for the lack of goals. maybe that injury hasnt healed?

also Reo-coker, reckon he'd be just what we are looking for in midfield, shame he's probably got too big an ego to drop a league. probably end up at one of the promoted clubs.

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
the sooner Heskey joins Hull the better. he is shit and we don't want him. As for M.Owen just cracks me up that he thinks he has the right to demand these big salaries. Nigel reo joker would be the only one that wold make any sense for us.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
I'd like to see some enquiries made about Preston Zimmerman at Darmstadt 98, if Noone goes. He's a tall Yank winger , played at Mainz last season and scored a few. Played at Hibs and Caley thistle, he's in Germany for family reasons.....think he'd be a snip. A few HiBees fans I know really rated him. He.'s only 23 ..5'11", obviously speaks English....fit in easy peasy.

Tall? 5'11"? Nope, can't see the connection of the word tall and that height.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here