Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Free Agent Strikers

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
How have Bolton done this with Davies joining Wolves n a Free Transfer as he was out of contract and it has widely been publicised that his contract was due to run out at the end of the season 5 days before he completed 10 years with them. They wouldn't cancel the contact of a player they could sell.

Where I think it has been confused is clubs would only do it if a player was near the end of his contract and not going to be offered a new one at that club.

yxee this applies to your post a well

If Davies has joined Wolves on a 'free' it could be (1) a transfer for next season, which has started with a loan to get round the rules. Bit like Dobbie. (2) Davies' current contract finished before season end anyway (unusual).

What you are simply not allowed to do is try and break transfer window rules simply by cancelling a contract. FIFA have that dodge covered !!!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
How have Bolton done this with Davies joining Wolves n a Free Transfer as he was out of contract and it has widely been publicised that his contract was due to run out at the end of the season 5 days before he completed 10 years with them.

Where I think it has been confused is clubs would only do it if a player was near the end of his contract and not going to be offered a new one at that club. They wouldn't cancel the contract of a player they could sell and get money for

yxee this applies to your post a well

They haven't signed him for this season? Not even sure they've signed him at all yet.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not well enough to stop Davies signing for Wolves so why cant we exploit any loophole.

It is covered. Really. Specifically in the loan rules.

Where is the evidence that Wolves have signed Davies simply by having his contract terminated? It must be an initial loan.

Ask yourself, was it a coincidence it was done on the last day of the loan window?

Where can we find the report that says a FREE TRANSFER occurred?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I read that Bolton have cancelled Kevin Davies contract and he has joined Wolves on a FREE TRANSFER NOT A LOAN and he was contracted to Bolton on that date. If I have misunderstood his transfer I will apologize now.

I bet I know which internet site you read it on:ffsparr:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Kevin Davies on the bench for Bolton today.

This rule-busting FREE transfer is clearly a myth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here