Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Fred Dinenage

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
That would be an hours overtime as well!

Listen, if you can't have a dump and a couple of coffees on the company's time then what's even the point of going to the office?

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
He's still going? Blimey when I were a lad oop north watching How I thought Him & Jack Hargreaves were what darn sarf were all about.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
He's still going? Blimey when I were a lad oop north watching How I thought Him & Jack Hargreaves were what darn sarf were all about.

Ah, How. With Jon Miller (not to be confused with polymath Jonathan Miller) and Bunty James - used to love watching that.

Jack Hargreaves' simple countryman persona was not all that real - IIRC he was on the board of Southern TV

EDIT Just looked him up, he was indeed on the board of directors. I also see that Bunty James is still alive

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I do hate to break the news to people here but Fred previously operated as a sports reporter for Yorkshire Television in the 1970's before joining Meridian.

To compound things further he was based in Leeds and is therefore regarded as made in Yorkshire, Leeds through and through and only a decent news reader because Bielsa made him one.

Sorry

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Bizarrely he featured in a documentary about Broadmoor I watched this week.

Initially I assumed all those years of having to introduce sports bulletins featuring nothing but Southampton had finally taken their toll but apparently he was Ronnie Kray’s biographer?

He does a lot of voice work for programmes about serial killers that Channel 5 shows (and that I occasionally catch Mrs T watching, the tinker).

"Did he really have other victims? We shall never know."

???

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I do hate to break the news to people here but Fred previously operated as a sports reporter for Yorkshire Television in the 1970's before joining Meridian.

To compound things further he was based in Leeds and is therefore regarded as made in Yorkshire, Leeds through and through and only a decent news reader because Bielsa made him one.

Sorry

Right, you get the #FreeFredDinenage t-shirts sorted, I'll make a start on the mugs

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
I am sure he must be at least 120. He has definitely found the cure to longevity. He will be doing the link to Southern as the sun goes Supernova, still banging on about Pompeys game the previous weekend.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Thank goodness for that,I thought this was going to be a bad news thread.
I agree,I was watching him the night before last and it was clear what a good journalist and presenter he is but also a genuinely nice bloke.
He's an incredibly like-able gentleman.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Ah, How. With Jon Miller (not to be confused with polymath Jonathan Miller) and Bunty James - used to love watching that.

Jack Hargreaves' simple countryman persona was not all that real - IIRC he was on the board of Southern TV

EDIT Just looked him up, he was indeed on the board of directors. I also see that Bunty James is still alive

If I find out that Jack Hargreaves DIDN'T live in a thatched cottage by the River Test and spent his life tying flies or heading in a pony trap to quaff a pint of Real Ale in his local there is going be trouble... :lolol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If I find out that Jack Hargreaves DIDN'T live in a thatched cottage by the River Test and spent his life tying flies or heading in a pony trap to quaff a pint of Real Ale in his local there is going be trouble... :lolol:

Jack Hargreaves MUST have been the inspiration for Bob Fleming shirley

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston

Sorry

He was actually born in Birmingham.
He has been around for decades, but most of his career has been presenting down south.
Comes across as everyone's friend and as part of the furniture.
Only downside is his love of all things PFC and also being suspended for promoting his daughter ( Caroline ) in her election campaign.
Apart from this, hard not to like.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here